• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alexander predicts we get Garoppolo or Mayfield

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm still sort of hoping that Minshew is part of a draft day trade with Philly to let them come up for a DE and we can get an OT plus whatever rookie QB Fitterer likes with the picks we get from Philly to groom under The Mustache.

To move up to six they would have to send us more than Minshew and a few picks. They got him for a conditional sixth round pick. I wouldn't be against him here but his value around the league is pretty clear. The huddle vastly overrates him.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

To move up to six they would have to send us more than Minshew and a few picks. They got him for a conditional sixth round pick. I wouldn't be against him here but his value around the league is pretty clear. The huddle vastly overrates him.

We’ll… no they wouldn’t. It depends what the few picks are, right?

also, when you’ve been looking at a plate full of dogshit for a few years, a gas station hot dog starts looking real good. 

• Beer 2

Just now, imminent rogaine said:

We’ll… no they wouldn’t. It depends what the few picks are, right?

also, when you’ve been looking at a plate full of dogshit for a few years, a gas station hot dog starts looking real good. 

Minshew is honestly a slight upgrade over Darnold. He has a personality and a better QB brain but who doesn't at this point? We're talking about the worst starting QB last year. Moving back to 16 or 19 for Minshew and a 2nd and a 3rd and patting ourselves on the back for getting a few dimes and a nickle for a quarter is no better than Jimmy G or Mayfield. If folks could accept it I understand I'm just saying he is not what some are hyping him to be. Nobody else has beat down Philly's door for his services or even Jacksonville's for that matter and you know how quarterback desperate this league is.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said a long time ago that Jimmy G would be our QB. Everything about Jimmy G screams "Matt Rhule QB".

In all honesty, if we have a stellar raft, and land someone like Howell... I am all for acquiring Jimmmy G for a year. We dont have a veteran that any rook could learn from. 

Both Baker and Jimmy arent going to go for any picks higher than a future 3rd. 

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

In all honesty, if we have a stellar raft, and land someone like Howell... I am all for acquiring Jimmmy G for a year. We dont have a veteran that any rook could learn from. 

Both Baker and Jimmy arent going to go for any picks higher than a future 3rd. 

Everything about Jimmy G suggests he'd be a great vet mentor.