• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rapoport: Carolina Panthers seem to be the most likely spot for Baker Mayfield

TheSpecialJuan

You guys sound like you are arguing over the ugly chick at closing time.  

A wise man once told me that when you get to the club "go ugly early". His reasoning was that she would buy you drinks and she would also start to look real good around closing time.

Can't argue with that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bakers deep ball would fall right into the hands of Falcons, Saints, and Bucs DBs, or fly off to nowhere. Be ready for a lot of incomplete passes at all distances as well. Baker is trash.

I don't mind if Rhule and Fitt panic and bring in another trash QB so long as we don't trade high picks, and we don't give him anything except a one year prove it deal.

Basically it's all about 2023. Either we dump Sam for a 2023 rookie, or we dump Baker, or Jimmy G. One of those guys is gone as soon as we have a good rookie QB on the roster. 2022 is a lost season other than it will lead us to the 2023 draft with high picks.

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Why does he have to be a loser to not want baker mayfield? I dont want baker and I dont even play for the team. This at best is a lateral move... HE Had god tier Offensive line and weapons with defense in cleveland and sucked.... what do you think he does here?

Exactly 

5 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I absolutely do not want Baker here. That said I’m about ready for Robby to hit the road as well. This is the level of vocal that is the antithesis of leadership and a healthy locker room.

100% bro. I don’t want Baker on the Panthers for very different reasons. But Robby needs to move on hardcore. He’s not good for a young team. 

• Beer 2

Here is what I offer Cleveland:  An escape from the awkward

Trade Sam Darnold for Baker Mayfield.

Cleveland gets:  A serviceable backup (although they already have Brisett, this is a 1-year situation to get rid of a headache, add a player at no cost.

Carolina gets:  A QB on a one-year prove it deal. 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what I offer Cleveland:  An escape from the awkward

Trade Sam Darnold for Baker Mayfield.

Cleveland gets:  A serviceable backup (although they already have Brisett, this is a 1-year situation to get rid of a headache, add a player at no cost.

Carolina gets:  A QB on a one-year prove it deal. 

Define prove it.   

9 hours ago, hepcat said:

100% bro. I don’t want Baker on the Panthers for very different reasons. But Robby needs to move on hardcore. He’s not good for a young team. 

Maybe you should ditch the Antonio Brown avy if you are going to drive the "Robby is a diva GTFO" train