• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person redrafts 2019

ladypanther

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Of course we would.  If we had the benefit of hindsight I would say everyone would go back and take Tom Brady with their first pick as well.  But unfortunately it doesn't work that way. 

Hurney's greatest talent was being able to pick a no brainer 1st round selection in the top 10. That act alone kept the fans and owner from remembering why we were picking that high in the first place. 

Well yeah the GOAT of course. But we don't even need a great QB we just need one who isn't the worst but thinks he's actually good 😂

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Well yeah the GOAT of course. But we don't even need a great QB we just need one who isn't the worst but thinks he's actually good 😂

Well he does have confidence and a short memory. That's on the QB wish list/check box thingy  somewhere, right? 

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hurney sucked but he did try to sell Rhule on Herbert. Of course he didn't listen. 

I've never actually heard that confirmed anywhere.

The one story I have seen confirmed was that Rhule wanted to trade down but Marty insisted on staying put and choosing Derrick Brown.

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

The Athletic seems like a great idea in principle, but the local journalists they employ are terrible. 

If you haven't listened to the latest 4 Man Rush Podcast with Joe Person, you should.

It will immediately remove him from anything regarding evaluation of talent or playing ability. He quite literally talks about how he doesn't know poo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've never actually heard that confirmed anywhere.

The one story I have seen confirmed was that Rhule wanted to trade down but Marty insisted on staying put and choosing Derrick Brown.

I don't really doubt Hurney had a boner for Herbert. It fits the profile. Derrick Brown is an incomplete grade at best right now but I hope he has a dominant season 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think Daley is like a Byron Bell.  A depth/rotational player capable of spelling a starter for a play or 2.  Panthers seem to think he can spell a starter for a season or two.   That is a disaster.  

Daley is a 6th rounder. He has definitely overplayed his draft position, although he is backup caliber only. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If you haven't listened to the latest 4 Man Rush Podcast with Joe Person, you should.

It will immediately remove him from anything regarding evaluation of talent or playing ability. He quite literally talks about how he doesn't know poo.

To be fair, that's not his job.

His role is to report what the Panthers are doing or thinking, not what he'd do.

• Pie 1