• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why sign a QB that doesn't want to be here?

Jmac

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

Beggars can't be choosers. And if we get Baker it's merely a stopgap anyways so I wouldn't be concerned about him not wanting to be here.

He has to audition somewhere so it might as well be here. I hear Tepper pays a qb well no matter how much the suck so there's that.

• Beer 1

Unlike Darnold, Baker has won games in the league - even one in the playoffs.  I worry however that Baker just might be good enough to win 7-8 games here.

I would not mind him here, if our evaluation said he could be the guy.  Problematically, I don't trust our evaluators.  And that's the real problem.  If we had solid evaluators, and they said he was the guy, bring him in.  Get him here.  Draft a tackle.

Unfortunately, we can't trust our eval.  And then Baker wins 7 games, we're drafting in the teens, and no chance to draft a guy we REALLY like once Rhule is gone.

This franchise is so screwed up man.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean I doubt he is knocking down the door trying to play for Matt Rhule, but I'm sure he would have no problem playing here if we traded for him.  Let's be honest, he doesn't have many other options nor is he in a position to be picky...

No he doesn't, but Mayfield isn't exactly known as the kind of guy who realistically evaluates his position and behaves accordingly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

36 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

We also have a receiver on the team who thinks he has the influence of a Brady or Rogers and who also doesn’t want Baker in Charlotte. It would be fun to watch them get along though.

I might prefer a Panthers reality TV show over watching the actual games at this point. "Football Nightmares"

• Beer 1