• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just feels like this every day now, ever since Tepper took over.

I have to admit to myself that I haven't been very happy with much of anything since he took over. Firing Hurney (a year too late) was a positive but most everything else seems like it's been a step down from everything previous. Hell, even the coach is a step down from the previous coach even though I was not a huge fan of the previous coach at the end of his tenure but somehow Tepper found a way to find someone a huge step down from Rivera.

• Beer 1

I didn't expect him to be some lovable billionaire that would embrace the QC and team, but man, it feels like every move he's made has been the wrong one.  Hurney, Rivera, Cam, Rhule, QBs, the whole coaching search in general, the whole in-game experience side, strange stadium renovations, organizational moves.  

It has never felt like there was a strong framework put in place to execute when he got here and has just been winging it because it's his team and his prerogative.  It's a very cold place inside this fandome.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, davos said:

I didn't expect him to be some lovable billionaire that would embrace the QC and team, but man, it feels like every move he's made has been the wrong one.  Hurney, Rivera, Cam, Rhule, QBs, the whole coaching search in general, the whole in-game experience side, strange stadium renovations, organizational moves.  

It has never felt like there was a strong framework put in place to execute when he got here and has just been winging it because it's his team and his prerogative.  It's a very cold place inside this fandome.

Tepper has made it abundantly clear that he is clueless.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember him telling us that what he cared about most was winning.

Practice has told us that what he cares about most is his ego.

Yep. This 100%. The only reason he actually cares about losing is said ego.

Yet his ego wouldn't let him fire Rhule after signing him to that foolish contract.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. This 100%. The only reason he actually cares about losing is said ego.

Yet his ego wouldn't let him fire Rhule after signing him to that foolish contract.

I think it was his ego that hired Rhule in the first place.

He had to make a big splashy move and do something different than everyone else was doing just to draw attention to himself. That way when he succeeded where others had failed, he could thump his chest and point to how great he was.

Except he didn't...because he isn't.

He may, in fact, be one of the dumbest owners in the league.

I've said before that Tepper is used to just being able to "big ball" his way through everything. He probably thought he could do that in the NFL too.

Not going that well so far...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2