• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam will get one more shot this year.

Jmac

20 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It's the right thing to do at this point. I never wanted Sam, but it's time for his final prove it season. No more excuses. If he flops then we will have a goldmine of high draft picks going into the 2023 draft and that's huge. The defense is essentially built, the offense will be ready after we take a LT (except QB), and all we'll really need is one the top QBs in the 2023 draft. Then the rest of the 2023 draft can be used to fill in empty spots and add depth. That sets us up nicely in 2024 assuming the QB pans out.

2022 is just not salvageable unless Sam takes a big leap forward in play. 2022 is Sam's season. He decides our fate.

I am not sure there is much built on defense, to be completely honest. Outside the CB's, most of which are relatively unproven, what unit is set? The safeties? Maybe? Not the DE's, which only really have Burns. The IDL? Not with Brown looking like a bust. The LB's? Outside Shaq, what else is there?

Our defense is actually mostly decent depth guys.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Gotta make Rhule prove it with ‘his’ quarterback that he traded assets for, behind a rejuvenated line.  Dude can’t have a third quarterback in his third year coaching.  Win now or beat it.

More like 5. He ran Cam and PJ out there plenty.

Sam tried to be more than he was already and suffered that injury.

You have to be elite at something in the NFL as a QB. 

Well when Sam got here they where talking about his running ability.

He went and tried to get yards on his feet around physically superior athletes, that's absolutely nuts and got smashed.

Can run, not durable running. Needs to develop other talents instead. Is the IQ there? Is the accuracy there?!

Can he attain better accuracy at this point in his career he is career 59% completion percentage. That's pedestrian. Just good enough to not be special.

We as an organization need to turn the page at QB and put accuracy and ability to push the ball down the field over perceived athleticism that may not translate to durability against freek athlete hard hitting lightning fast gym rats.

We were spoiled by Cam. Not every QB should be running, not Sam. So what does Sam have left to show you? He's a career 59% thrower who is limited because he's not built for serious contact.

Sam's situation is exactly why you can't draft a QB as a runner. That's the RB. Draft a QB who is accurate and who takes care of the ball.

Playing Sam will most likely lower his value in a trade. I wouldn't do it. Play a rookie and try and deal Sam later when people forget about last season.

He is what he is. Borderline back up.

Cam was/is a prolific runner. People don't fathom just how good he is at it. His field vision is superb. He developed a great baseball slide. He always had the awareness of when to get down in the open field. Cam didn't get injured running the ball, just the opposite, like last year, he's a dump truck near the goal line and a superb athlete. Cam is career 59%(I've personally witnessed many drops) but he's a superior athlete running among superior athletes.

Miss U GIF by MOODMAN

You could run power with Kyle Trask at the goal line. He's 6'5" 240lbs of country strong. That's elite size.

I saw him push two big hog mollies into the end zone for a TD.

You can't go running your 210lb 5'11 QB. That's why Trask was high on my list big, strong. Strong arm. 

(don't@me nonsense because he wouldn't have a contract without a NFL arm no matter what YOU think).

4 hours ago, Jmac said:

Like it or not, that will probably be the way this goes. They rebuilt the line. If they draft the best LT available (or trade back for a decent prospect) also dropped a bunch of money on him with the extension.

Tepper invested the money and probably wants to get his dollars worth. We will see if this pays off. 

If..Just If….this happens and Sam turns it around and has a decent year and the Panthers would win…..maybe 9 games…it will be very interesting this time next year. I know it sounds far fetched, but stranger things have happened in the sports world.