• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I took from the Fitterer presser.

Zod

40 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Horn was on no one’s radar, I never even hear of him till he was drafted, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we draft another CB, Safety or DL. 

Horn was discussed here at least.  He was actually my worst case scenario prediction the day before the draft.  Because I thought the Seattle GM would be overly focused on trying to mimic what lead to Seattle's success. 

2 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

You can’t divorce the execution from the deal. The execution is an important component of the deal, and probably why people make certain deals. If you can’t execute properly then it was not a deal you should have been making.

I mean it's easy to look bad after whatever has happened and day it's bad now. But at the time people loved the Gilmore trade. They applauded the Henderson trade guy was a top 10 pick you got him for a 3rd rounder? Sounds awesome.  Marshall had a first round grade from a lot of people looked good in preseason people thought it was a steal.

Now fast forward to now and we didn't win and everyone is like oh yeah I knew that was dumb. Those are bad trades. The truly bad trades for me are the ones you see ahead of time. Like maybe darnold... I would have given them a 2 at the time but all that other stuff behind it.. a 4 and what a 5... nah...

24 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean it's easy to look bad after whatever has happened and day it's bad now. But at the time people loved the Gilmore trade. They applauded the Henderson trade guy was a top 10 pick you got him for a 3rd rounder? Sounds awesome.  Marshall had a first round grade from a lot of people looked good in preseason people thought it was a steal.

Now fast forward to now and we didn't win and everyone is like oh yeah I knew that was dumb. Those are bad trades. The truly bad trades for me are the ones you see ahead of time. Like maybe darnold... I would have given them a 2 at the time but all that other stuff behind it.. a 4 and what a 5... nah...

Frankly the 2nd round pick was the big ouch(especially since it’s now a high 2nd rd)coupled with exercising his option since we were able to recoup a 4th round pick.

1 minute ago, firefox1234 said:

Frankly the 2nd round pick was the big ouch(especially since it’s now a high 2nd rd)coupled with exercising his option since we were able to recoup a 4th round pick.

Drafting a wr that was already injured coupled with Robbie and DJ on the roster and with our needs other then wr was a total clusterfug pick in the 2nd round

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Horn was on no one’s radar, I never even hear of him till he was drafted, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we draft another CB, Safety or DL. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Maybe should of said no one was seriously thinking the Panthers would take him a 8. Especially with bigger needs like at the time. 

Nah, man. Horn was a known quantity throughout the entire draft process, and he was linked to the Panthers pretty much throughout the process as well. All of us were pretty much hoping for Sewell, then it was a matter of Horn or Surtain, Slater, or possibly a QB if one fell. Horn's name became more prominently linked to us the closer that the draft approached.

47 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Drafting a wr that was already injured coupled with Robbie and DJ on the roster and with our needs other then wr was a total clusterfug pick in the 2nd round

No, that wasn't the mistake.  The mistake was extending Anderson AFTER they drafted a WR in the second round.  On draft day, the pick made it look like Robby was going to be playing out his contract in 2021 to see if he could be the same guy or whether it was a career year.  It looked like good business.

Once that extension went through, the pick looked very questionable.

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

Well I agree now. But looking at it then with a blind eye not knowing what darnold was... I thought hey a second for a guy who's still as young as a rookie and was the 3rd pick that's a good get. And the jet weren't exactly happy to move on from him only did it to take Wilson. So at the time I was good with a second. 

9 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Jaycee Horn was extremely coveted and rightfully so.  If he stays healthy he will be a top CB very fast.