• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Later Round QBs. Is there anyone worth a look in the Draft?

Michael G

i think there are a number of late round QBs who could easily be an upgrade at the backup position...and actually compete for the starting job if the panthers don't make any changes.

that being said, i really like kaleb eleby.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The playoffs were great this year but Tepper running the Panthers into the ground while trying to position himself to fleece the city of Charlotte out of a publicly funded stadium has just lifted the veil off the charade for me. I think the NFL may have seen it's last dime from me. I'll illegally stream the games I do watch.

are you gonna cry basketball wives GIF by VH1

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. If Howell doesn't pan out and Tepper keeps running this bitch into the ground I could honestly see my NFL fandom flaming out. Tepper is really ruining this poo for me.

The Hurricanes are about to run the ACC Coastal, so maybe your football fandom in general  might flame out.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Carson Strong and he's not likely to go very high based on the overall  of the scouting profiles.  

I have absolutely zero read on his Draft stock.

The tape says first round pick, but apparently the medicals say UDFA.

• Pie 2

Meet the next Saints QB, Aqeel Glass.

Jack Coan is another QB who will go late in the draft. Not surprised if both Glass (7 game winning drives) and Coan (4 game winning drives) turn out better in the NFL level than any of the QBs picked ahead of them. Proven under pressure. More than you can say for any of the top QBs outside of Ridder.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Meet the next Saints QB, Aqeel Glass.

Jack Coan is another QB who will go late in the draft. Not surprised if both Glass (7 game winning drives) and Coan (4 game winning drives) turn out better in the NFL level than any of the QBs picked ahead of them. Proven under pressure. More than you can say for any of the top QBs outside of Ridder.

Glass is my guy to throw a late rounder on......all he has to do is beat out PJ Walker. Mock drafts hes always my target.  

If the Panthers were to take one of these qb's the round they are taken in will not matter.

They would have to beat out both Sam and PJ to actually start. That's not going to happen with any of these qbs in this draft.

So you are drafting a developmental qb for a season or two from now. You will be replacing either Sam or PJ on the roster.

Why you say? Because they need a vet that can win. Sam is a backup and PJ belongs in the USFL.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Cole Kelley-Southeastern Louisiana.  Strictly as a backup unless PJ Walker has become the new Brenstin Bersin.  Guy has good measurables, but is raw coming form a smaller school.

6'7" 260lbs. That's one big boy. He's got some very impressive completion percentages 73% this last season,68% the previous year, he's a 5 year player like Pickett but he's a much more impressive specimen with a more accurate arm..

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. If Howell doesn't pan out and Tepper keeps running this bitch into the ground I could honestly see my NFL fandom flaming out. Tepper is really ruining this poo for me.

Been a fav for 24 years, missed maybe a couple games, been a member here since inception with different usernames that got lost in new site conversions and password losses etc

…if Rhule is kept after another 5 win season I can’t do it anymore at least not set aside time to watch it live, it’ll be recorded.

I always thought I was a diehard fan and all, but maybe I’m not, but also, maybe Tepper is just that bad he is driving away legit fans.

Certainly isn’t creating new ones that aren’t masochists like tha jet fan who came over. Probably our only addition in 5 years.

• Pie 4

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

6'7" 260lbs. That's one big boy. He's got some very impressive completion percentages 73% this last season,68% the previous year, he's a 5 year player like Pickett but he's a much more impressive specimen with a more accurate arm..

I like Kelley as much as the next guy but I’m not sure I’d say he’s more accurate. I do like his percentages but a lot of that is scheme/game situations. Still anything above 70% is 🍆 

Edited by John_Sutter
  • Pie 1