• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is full of it regarding Darnold

top dawg

4 hours ago, Icege said:

If anything, maybe he learned from the Bridgewater situation to not publicly disparage players currently on the roster?

That’s what I got out of it. It’s what every other owner does. He knows Sam will more than likely be on the roster and possibly the starter next year. Trashing him does nothing good. It also ruins any ounce of value/leverage (not that we have any) if some team is dumb enough to trade for him. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, WOW!! said:

You must be flabbergasted at Smitty then...

Atleast Tepper has to pay the guy.. Smitty has no reason to say anything good about Darnold..

Ooooooohhhhhhh

Darnold was at his worst from a clean pocket. Even Steve Smith can have a bad take sometimes. He's also said we should draft Malik Willis.

• Pie 1

The reason Darnold is here and we didn't pick up another veteran is because McAdoo thinks he is good and supposedly one reason he came here was because of Darnold. So I don't think it is Tepper being stubborn as much as he is listening to his staff. Hence the reason we haven't gone after a vet or committed to a QB in the draft.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Darnold was at his worst from a clean pocket. Even Steve Smith can have a bad take sometimes. He's also said we should draft Malik Willis.

Steve Smith is a great trash talker, but he offers nothing in player evaluation or analysis. I've watched previous drafts and some of the comments he makes about the WR prospects are just absolute trash or so generic. If I remember correctly he thinks Corey Davis was going to be a beast in the league, he is already on his second team. 

19 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Steve Smith is a great trash talker, but he offers nothing in player evaluation or analysis. I've watched previous drafts and some of the comments he makes about the WR prospects are just absolute trash or so generic. If I remember correctly he thinks Corey Davis was going to be a beast in the league, he is already on his second team. 

He also said that Moore  would be good and ultimately replace him. Seems he is right sometimes as well. 

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we will see. He was also known for being a loud mouth in his career, so who knows if that has changed. It typically gets worse and not better with age.

I can attest to that. I have become more open with my thoughts and a bit of a loud mouth as I have gotten older. Not that my options matter to anyone, that's not why I do it. It's more of just not caring what others think of me and my thoughts.  Sometimes you just have to vent when the mood hits you. Or when you hear someone say something idiotic, when is quite often around here.

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, WOW!! said:

A rookie needs time to learn the verbiage, the speed of the game, most have never ran a nfl offense or even taking snaps from under center.. Let alone reading defenses learning the playbook and all the mental stuff. 

All this takes time for the best QB prospect..

And there isn't a prospect like Cam, Lawrence, Andrew Luck or Peyton manning in this draft.. So the learning curve is even bigger for lesser prospects.. Which this draft is full of..

While Sam is dumb and makes dumb decisions

No QB in this draft is physicality going to outmatched him.. Speed, Arm ability, athleticism..

No, but moving on is just that. Moving on.

31 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No, but moving on is just that. Moving on.

@rippadonn I understand that.. But Reality is you can't move on if the guy is still on your roster and you don't have his replacement in house..

You can't move on if the guy is on the practice field looking better then the guy you want to replace him with..

There is a thing called "giving us the best chance to win".. A HC is beholding to a 73 man locker room a coaching staff and their families.. They can't just move on if that player isn't ready or not as good (at that moment) then another player... You have to put the best 52 on the field every week..You can't just throw a player out their "moving on" if he doesn't give your team the best chance to win every week..

Examples..

Dalton Vs Fields

Jimmy G vs Lance

Even Hebert had to wait until Tyrod Taylor got hurt because he wasn't the best opportunity for a win.. Tyrod was..

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

He also said that Moore  would be good and ultimately replace him. Seems he is right sometimes as well. 

Moore is good, but I also don't think he is the same receiver or produced on the same level as Smith did. And yes I understand Moore didn't have stable QB play, but it's whatever at this point. 

9 hours ago, Icege said:

If anything, maybe he learned from the Bridgewater situation to not publicly disparage players currently on the roster?

Why is it so seemingly difficult for some to understand that there is something in between disparaging and outright lying? There's no need to lie, and no need to disparage, and that goes for currently rostered players or any player.

Sometimes it's better to say too little than too much, and sometimes it's better to say nothing at all. 

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, Icege said:

It's hard for ppl to get this and realize what a dumb mistake it was..

And this fake outrage over lying or pumping up a player you still my have to work with. Or accrue some value out of.. Is the dumbest poo ever..

80% of draft season they are lying and you're not having a hissy for over that poo??

Edited by WOW!!

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I can attest to that. I have become more open with my thoughts and a bit of a loud mouth as I have gotten older. Not that my options matter to anyone, that's not why I do it. It's more of just not caring what others think of me and my thoughts.  Sometimes you just have to vent when the mood hits you. Or when you hear someone say something idiotic, when is quite often around here.

Same here. I am largely regarded as an asshole in my industry, which I am okay with.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1