• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans want to trade up.

hepcat

5 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

13, 37, and 68 for 6 & 137? 

Call it in. Although, feel like that's going to mean Penning or a QB at 13 for sure. Or, we trade down again from 13 because Fitterer. 

Yay trading down because our boneheaded management traded for a qb that was trash for 3 years

• Pie 1

Just now, pantherclaw said:

There is no talent at 13 that is as good as any top 6 talent. 

So many on here are desperate for more picks in the first 2 days, that their willing to give up a teir 1 talent. 

fug that bs. 

We've had a major hole at LT for years, so I'd probably pick a LT just to solidify the o-line going forward. That said, The draft is always a crapshoot. There's no guarantee any of the players in the top 10 are going to pan out. If the team could trade back and net 2 or 3 starters before round 4 instead of only one, then I think you make the deal. 

My problem with trade backs is you can miss out on who you're targeting. One team/GM can make an unexpected move  by taking your guy and leave you severely disappointed. Also, we traded back a loy last year, and so far we don't have a lot to show for it. Extra picks are useless if you pick the wrong players or fail to develop them into meaningful contributers.

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. We don’t have a 2nd round pick. Is TD announcing the Jets’ pick? I mean we deserve another kick in the pants for giving up pick 38 (and others) for Sam Darnold.

TD will announce our next pick after round one. If they have to bring him up in the fourth round they will. The same thing will happen with the Rams announcement.

30 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

They just talked to Rhule on NFLN and the reporter made it seem we have an offer to trade back that we are leaning on possibly...  

I believe its real. I think right now its picking between Neal or the juicy trade back haul.

I think if the panthers trade, it will be the first one in the draft. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I believe its real. I think right now its picking between Neal or the juicy trade back haul.

I think if the panthers trade, it will be the first one in the draft. 

Definitely  feels that way too. I think they have sat in the meetings and really fell in love with some other day 2 prospects. 

35 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

video?

I'm  running errands and trying  to get back home. If you go to NFLN i guarantee  you they will say it in some type of loop. Rhule didn't talk. It was the reporter  they have stationed in Charlotte  that they talked too. She commented on how Rhule looked nice and how he was a lil nervous and ready to get with Fitterer. Then she went on about us having the 3 to 4 teams wanting to come up and we are definitely  listening  n leaning...

Just now, Lurk21 said:

Definitely  feels that way too. I think they have sat in the meetings and really fell in love with some other day 2 prospects. 

It makes sense(rip @kungfoodude) team has more than one prime need. Penning could be the best LT from the draft, channel that anger and watch out....

2 dimes look better than one quarter anyway....

• Beer 1