• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If I am Cam

Centerfield

28 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

There is a silent majority that agrees wholeheartedly.

They have to let Cam be Cam no handcuffing and I think you'd possibly see the best Cam yet.

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

Cams body is handcuffing him his game was based on a cannon for an arm and being a physical freak. Both are 60% of what they were in his prime 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Cams body is handcuffing him his game was based on a cannon for an arm and being a physical freak. Both are 60% of what they were in his prime 

Still better and more fun than watching Sam. A much much better leader than Sam, a QB first and foremost should be a leader.

He's still fast, still strong, still running over grown physical freak NFL CBs and LBs evidenced last season.

Still has 80%-90% of that arm. Run it back. Sam sucks bad. Real bad. Cam is a superstar even at 80-90%.

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Still better and more fun than watching Sam. A much much better leader than Sam, a QB first and foremost should be a leader.

He's still fast, still strong, still running over grown physical freak NFL CBs and LBs evidenced last season.

Still has 80%-90% of that arm. Run it back. Sam sucks bad. Real bad. Cam is a superstar even at 80-90%.

Sam is poo but Cams cooked and I’d rather remember him at his best than watch him play terribly here for another year 

Cam hasn't been afforded an opportunity to show case his passing skills for some time now. You can't expect him to put up all pro numbers throwing to Damiere Byrd and N'keal Harry in NE in a covid year. He came into this dumpster fire with the leagues worst offensive line and coordinator in the NFL last year half way through the season.

These are the seasons people are judging Cam's current ability on. Think about it. It isn't rocket science to see he hasn't been in a legit environment to succeed as a QB. 

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 3

At this point Cam should be a backup, and he might return in that capacity imo. 

The good news is that we've built what should be a good o-line, and we didn't do anything stupid like trading away future picks. Now if Sam poops the bed we can draft a top QB prospect in 2023. Everything in limning up nicely, and if Fitt can resist his disastrous impulses to trade away future picks to get back into this draft then we'll have hit a home run. Don't trade away anything and sit pat. Calm down. You don't have to impress everyone with how hard you work Fitt. Sit Fitt.

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I am obviously in the minority here.  Cam WOULD be better than anything we could acquire right now.   

I think if he had a complete off season with this team.  Have a chance to work with the offense from day one.  Cam would show everyone that he isn't finished.

At minimum he is leaps and bounds better than PJ and should be given the opportunity to compete at the position. If he can beat out Darnold and PJ or whoever is on the roster he should be our QB1.

People have been saying this since he got hurt in 2018. We ran him into the ground, just accept it.

I love Cam and he has sentimental meaning to myself and my son but I have a feeling he won't be back. The nostalgic sentimental person in me wants to see Cam with a complete off-season and behind a better line myself but I have a feeling we have fun out course with Cam and IF he does come back it will be somewhere else to play. I also realize he doesn't quite have what he once did and injuries and time have taken some away from him. I think he still has some gas in the tank and the right situation with the right team could be a great move for him offering him a quality role as a backup but at this point I think it's somewhere else unfortunately. Great player, great role model and great human being who did a lot for the community of Charlotte. He changed culture around here and is a Panther icon. I miss a prime Cam every time the Panthers take the field. Whatever he does from here he will be successful because he has the personality and a good demeanor. I hope he heads back to television. My kid loved him on his Nickelodeon show. He was meant to be in front of the camera. All the best to my son's favorite Panther ever.