• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker for Sam

ericr0319

At this stage you have to let Rhule Live and Die with Sam Darnold

Most of the Huddle want both Sam and Rhule Gone, so why bring in another Quarterback to potentially save Rhules Job? If Sam is that bad why not roll the dice and let the Shitty season play out, and if both Rhule and Sam are as bad as the Huddle says they are they should be terrible next season, and both will be gone in 2023 as we draft a franchise Quarterback.

Bringing in Baker Mayfield is probably the most lateral move you can make. Bakers has had the luxury of having a better line, Running backs and Receivers than Sam his whole career and hasnt done jack shyt. If Baker is better than Sam it is by the slightest of margins and I mean slightest.

If you want both Rhule and Sam Gone by next year, playing Sam Makes the most sense. 

Are you willing to Trade for Baker or Jimmy have the team end up decent next season and no longer in position to draft a top tier QB? At the end of the day if we are to draft a franchise stud next season we have to suck one way or another. Sam is the best solution for that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Who? Jimmy G's surgically repaired shoulder? Minshew aint it either. Cousins isn't coming here and all other QBs that are worth a damn have already cemented their futures. Nobody in the draft is going to be our starter either. Baker is the best available. 

If he's not a free agent I don't want him. No trades for anyone. Not this year.

That's the first issue.

Second issue is he's only arguably and nominally better. Being better than Sam isn't enough. Let's aim higher....or just deal with it and get a better draft pick next year.

• Pie 1

ONLY straight up, no picks, salary or assets.  We take Baker they take Sam.  Hard to tell how much Baker is better since he was on teams WAY better than the jets and us last year.  Baker had pro-bowl OLmen and wide receivers and Chubb at RB.  Sam had Erving and Elflien's backups, and a 4th round rookie who couldn't catch a cold at RB...and that was the best team he's been on.  Oh wait, Sam did have Ian Thomas so, he had that going for him.

Jeff Howe said this regarding Mayfield...

The Browns are prepared to pay a portion of Mayfield’s $18.86 million salary to facilitate a deal, with the percentage of the contractual retainment relative to the trade compensation. That’ll be important with the Panthers also paying quarterback Sam Darnold’s $18.86 million fifth-year option.

The Athletic

I want the Panthers to be the best team they can be. If that means we get Baker Mayfield or anyone else that can make us a better team so be it. I fear that the objective of some fans is more to get Matt Rhule fired than it is for the Panthers to win. If we put a winning team on the field and Matt Rhule is still head coach I can live with that.