• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Draft Thread

Zod

22 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Well he shouldn't be depth if you invest 3 picks in him.

Could have gotten 3 LBs this year for depth. Jack Sanborn, Diego Fagot, and James Houston or one Brandon Smith?

Smith needs to start in 2 seasons or this is a waste. Even worse than the Devin Funchess trade. At least Funchess started for a bit before he was flushed.

Investing too much draft capital into individual players like Darnold, Corral, Marshall and Smith to even build a foundation.

Horrible front office.

We swapped two picks. Our 2 5ths for their 4th and 6th. Fourth rounders are usually delth/ possible starters down the road. If he ends up starting we did great. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We swapped two picks. Our 2 5ths for their 4th and 6th. Fourth rounders are usually delth/ possible starters down the road. If he ends up starting we did great. 

Got it. I heard them say our 2 5ths and next years 5th for the Commies 4th when it was announced.

Still see better value LBs on the board so I don't like it, but not as bad as I thought.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He got passed over for a kicker. It doesn't get much worse than that. 

I thought it was decent chance that he would be a 4th, I just soured on him badly one weekend I drove in to the draft class. The poor UNC homers could not see, Im a UNC fan and overcame it. Even his measurables were awful... 

Id be up for him in the 6th, I do think he could beat out Walker........(maybe)

3 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Mack and Longo totally tanked Sam’s draft stock by making him run all last season. They never bothered to develop his QB acumen. Sam and his family should be livid.

That happens to a lot a great prospects unfortunately.  Coaches are pressured to win and sometimes the player is sacrificed to try to make that happen. 

Its up to the scouts to determine what is left in the player that will translate to the nfl. It's a cruel business that chews these kids up and spits them out for the almighty dollar.

• Beer 1