• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the Draft Room

Mr. Scot

But last Thursday night, they weren't waiting for kickoff or for the lights to come up on a headliner, but for the left tackle they've dreamed of for a decade to fall into their laps.

Rashawn Slater and his short arms say hello... dumbass Rhule. 

• Poo 3

Likewise...

For all the moves they tried to make, they eventually did the conventional thing by actually using the 189th, 199th, and 242nd picks (though they had chance to accept veteran players in exchange for the 242nd shortly before they were on the clock, but passed).

Would love to know the details of that one.

• Pie 3

Regarding Ekwonu...

"You go to practice, see them come out on the field, he's one of the first ones out there. You're like, 'Wow, who is this monster of a man who is telling everyone to do this, making sure all the checks are right, make sure to bring your helmet to warmups?' He was one of those guys who, as soon as he steps on the field, he was in charge. And he wasn't a part of the trio of captains. But he was their lead dog, and you could feel that on the field.

"There's a certain measure of a man, you can always tell he's the man. You see an offensive lineman, when he walks on the field, everybody perks up. You could tell he was their tone-setter. He brings the mentality, their culture."

And then practice started.

"It was a hot day, you could tell he was already lathered up as soon as he went to practice," Kirksey said. "From the minute they went to inside run, this guy was, excuse my language, kicking the s--- out of everybody.

About Corral...

But he wasn't there just to see the game. Just like when McNeill and Kirksey and Spencer were watching Ekwonu dominate in practices, Haines wanted to see how Corral reacted to those around him in all the other settings that matter.

"He had one of the most impressive pregame workouts I've seen," Haines said, laughing a bit because, as a veteran of 21 years of doing this, he knows that can sound a little ridiculous. "I know it's just on air with teammates, but it was awesome. You could tell he had been coached well.

"He was the first one out there, first of all. Was out there with some of the younger quarterbacks, and he was the one who led them out of the tunnel. He was in a full sweat two throws in. And this was Vanderbilt, last game of the year. Senior night, parents there, all that. But he was just dialed in. You could see that look in his eye; he was focused. It was impressive."

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

That was terrific 

I always enjoy reading your strange responses but I can never tell when you are being serious and when you are not. You make the huddle enjoyable regardless, I don't care how weird you are. That being said, you are one strange human being.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Pie 2