• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral vs the Old GOAT

Even if you're right, temper you expectations for 2022. 

Montana started one game as a rookie. He was 13 of 23 for 96 yards, 1 TD and no pics. He started seven games his second year. SF won two of them. It wasn't until his third year that he started looking like Montana.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We are really comparing Corral to montana?  Really guys?

Yes, in the sense that both are 6'2", 200 lbs, drafted 3rd round as the 4th QB taken. Both are accurate and cocky. The post clearly states, "Is Corral the next Montana? Probably not." But those are a lot of interesting similarities that many people probably didn't know. But just remember that Montana wasn't supposed to be anything other than a possible starter one day. In 1979, if someone said he was the next Bradshaw no one would believe it but no one is saying Corral is Montana. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Monrowed said:

So now we think that the kid is going to be Montana?

Sanford And Son Reaction GIF

18 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Let’s actually watch him against NFL competition before we measure him for a jacket.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

How about we take a look at the kid in an NFL practice and go from there.

Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We are really comparing Corral to montana?  Really guys?

Maybe we should start a peer review board to get topics approved? That way folks like these won't have to waste their time telling the rest of us how to Huddle properly. 

• Pie 2

To be fair Joes #1 receiver was Jerry Rice so if he was to lock on him all the time like the scouting report suggest then he’s going to win more times than loose because Jerry Rice is statistically speaking the greatest WR to ever play the game.

Corral was rated as one of the top 3 QBs in this class. He fell to us and we, IMO, made a smart move to get him.  I get the coincidental comparison of Montana and Corral. 

I want you all to reflect on last season.  Before I say any more, I have never been a person to diagnose a game like some of you do.   That said, I can recall many games where a WR was wide the F**K open and Darnold missed him or threw it late.   Corral has that quick release and can read the field well.   I honestly don't think we'll see him pull a Darnold and will see those open receivers and make those plays.

I did watch quite a few of Corral's games on Youtube and one thing that stood out was if he is in a clean pocket he will make a good accurate throw.  His O-line wasn't the greatest so those times were not very often but when he had them.  He was deadly. 

I joked the other day about him being OROY but if he is given a chance to start from day 1 I would not be surprised to see him in the running.  We definitely have the weapons to make it easy for him.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We haven't even so much as gotten to rookie minicamp and already Joe Montana comparisons? This is the type of stuff that gets a fanbase fairly mocked. 

It’s all in fun. He just pointing out where they were drafted size etc. Even states “probably not.” It’s similar to when you compared Howell to Favre. Obviously these are 1 in a million chances either of these have those type of careers, but both share some similar traits to these HOF QBs. It’s interesting because Corral has said he modeled some of his game after Rodgers and Rodgers grew up a big Niners fan. I’m sure Rodgers mimics Montana in some ways after growing up watching him.

• Beer 1