• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jimmy G still be on the table?

FuFuLamePoo

I know we just drafted Corral, who is certainly a fun day 3 project QB but when is the last time a day two QB came and immediately performed at even an average level for an NFL starter? I guess Dalton, Carr, and Dak could maybe be examples but historically speaking it's not something you can rely on. We still have a lot of available cap space, and do we really think Rhule is hitching his wagon to Sam D in his make or break year? Because I truly don't see Corral starting until November at the earliest, if he ever starts at all this year.

We still have plenty of available cap space, I'm just trying to read between the lines here. Because if we aren't still pursuing this Clowney should have been here yesterday.

Edited by FuFuLamePoo

32 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I know we just drafted Corral, who is certainly a fun day 3 project QB but when is the last time a day two QB came and immediately performed at even an average level for an NFL starter? I guess Dalton, Carr, and Dak could maybe be examples but historically speaking it's not something you can rely on. We still have a lot of available cap space, and do we really think Rhule is hitching his wagon to Sam D in his make or break year? Because I truly don't see Corral starting until November at the earliest, if he ever starts at all this year.

We still have plenty of available cap space, I'm just trying to read between the lines here. Because if we aren't still pursuing this Clowney should have been here yesterday.

First of all, this isn't a make or break year for Rhule. Tepper has already bashed that. So why bring in Jimmy G and take on his salary when the Panthers don't think that Jimmy is that great. Now if he gets released that is different. But then again why would he want to come here if he were a free agent.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Roll with this group.  Our cap situation sucks next year and any rolled over cap will be greatly needed. Tepper has given Rhule a vote of confidence for this season, so ol' Matty boy isn't pressed to make hasty decisions...such as trading for Jimmy G. or Mayfield.

This! Roll that cap over to offset some of these restructures we did this year. Either Sam is going to play and get Rhule fired or we will see what we have in Corral. Hopefully it’s Corral, but either way let’s play it out this year with minor changes/money spent. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Is our team so amazing that we could truly compete with a true game manager at qb? We both know any other QB trade/signing is just Rhule tryna save his ass, let’s roll with our group heck we just drafted a first round talented QB according to our guys. 

• Pie 1