• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sigh. (It hurts when you see it pointed out like that)

Posted (edited)

Hope they can get that turned around pretty soon. Losing within your division on a consistent basis, particularly at home, is problematic. Need to see better trends after the month of October. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

Wild lol y’all choosing to start your week off bummed out about the Panthers when we just had an exciting draft??? There will likely be plenty of time to be upset about the Panthers this fall lol why not enjoy not stressing about them since it’s still springtime lol. 

It was a good and bad draft. We need Corral to blow up, but the draft was only good if you caveat it’s with the fact that we had very limited picks. When you factor in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks we gave up for a QB we’ve already replaced and, hopefully, a slot CB, it doesn’t look good anymore.

It’s all Corral. He’s the make or break in the draft. I expect Iky to do well as pick 6, so it all falls on Corral. If he succeeds we might just turn the Titanic before hitting the iceberg. If he doesn’t, the house is getting cleaned out and who knows what’s coming next.

At least we have something to look forward to this year. Last year there was a spark after 3-0 but that dimmed really quickly.

Edited by stbugs
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The more stuff I watch the more I see him playing with that same emotion and fire #17 had. Jake wasn't as coordinated with his celebrations and wasn't half as fast as Corral but that emotion, that fire made regular Jake great some Sundays. Corral is obviously more gifted but to me that's just another piece of the psyche needed to make it as a QB in the first place.

That said, Corral is our best option to win going forward. Stop it with Sam this and that. At this moment Sam isn't worth more than Matt Corral in any trade scenario. What does that say? What do his career stats say? Blame everybody else? No. Not a starter. Yes, a QB, not a starter anymore. Too much bad tape.

Now after the injuries and what happened last year, shouldn't be running. That's 30% of Darnolds upside gone. Being a backup is still saying a lot in the NFL. That's his career trajectory. Not bad. Give it time, people forget, he may start again.

Truthfully, I don't know how Sam feels about backing up a rookie, maybe that's not what he signed up for and would want to test the market so those conversations need to be had. One thing is for sure. Golden Corral needs his reps, he needs to be fully evaluated before the next draft. He's from the SEC so I really don't think the lights will be too big for him. Kids got swagger.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We've always sucked, minus a season here and there. That stat doesn't effect me in any way.

eh, since 1996 we are middle of the pack.  Up and down .  I think we are 14th in playoff wins in that window.  

Until the Tepper/Rhule era no coach had pulled off 3 consecutive losing seasons.  And only once in our history had a coach gone 3 consecutive years without making the postseason.  Seifert.  And Seifert window was correctly ended. 

We suck now.  This is the peak of Panther suckage. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

In their defense only like 5-6 of those games had a home crowd. The rest were overrun with visiting fans that actually saw hope in their teams future success and thought the investment of a ticket purchase was worth it. 

investment... 😂