• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corall QB Mentor

shaq

This offense will not be heavy with RPOs given neither Sam or Matt need to be running the ball. Neither are built like Cam.  And we liked Matt because he was very accurate and had a quick release. When has Cam ever been known for his accuracy and quick release throwing on timing routes.  We won't be running an offense that is built around what Cam does best so no matter how good he still is, he either has to fit the system or have the system built for him which wouldn't work for the other guys. I am not sure what we will run but I think the qbs better only be running around like Russel Wilson likes to do when he has to....

Cam’s arm being shot is the reason it wouldn’t work. Mcadoo was able to run his system with Eli Manning, who’s pretty much on par with Cam accuracy wise. We’re also probably going to start the season out with Darnold as the the starting QB, and he’s not that accurate, either. Neither of the QBs mentioned have ever been known to be that accurate.

Edited by AggieLean

Cam can't make an amateur offense look good. Everybody had Rhules offense figured out. Sam was shut down after his third game and maybe it wasn't Teddy and maybe Teddy was right.

It was easy for a real NFL staff to diagnose and conquer an amateur system. They also pass around notes on you if you're dominating or if they want you out of the league.

Tepper took the football organization down to the studs to the detriment of the Panthers generally ok historical record. 4 losing seasons in a row. Now it's the bottom of the barrel. Jetsville. 

The best thing Tepper can do is use this opportunity in finally drafting a potential franchise LT and getting a steal of a potential franchise QB to hitch his wagon to these young guys and finally TURN THE PAGE.

Fully focus on the road ahead. It's a good time to move forward. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Again, not saying Cam is what he was, because as a passer, he clearly isn't, but it was clear the entire offense was dysfunctional to a degree I have never recalled seeing in an offense before...  From the playcalling to the protection, anyone who lined up under center was going to look far worse than they actually are.  All things considered, Cam did an admirable job with what he was working with (or against).  Where he looked average to good outside of the Miami game, Darnold was putting up "all-time worst passer in NFL history"-level numbers over a 3 week stretch in the same conditions.

I'm convinced had Brady been playing in this offense and under that staff last season the headlines would be "He needs to retire before he tarnishes his legacy."  It was that bad.

Does that mean you're also willing to say Darnold wasn't as bad as he looked?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does that mean you're also willing to say Darnold wasn't as bad as he looked?

Sure, but as I mentioned, he put up numbers that had him in the bottom three all-time passers that ever attempted a specific number of throws since stats have been tracked over several weeks.  So, he could look better than he did, but that better is probably how he looked with the Jets, which still isn't good...

44 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Sure, but as I mentioned, he put up numbers that had him in the bottom three all-time passers that ever attempted a specific number of throws since stats have been tracked over several weeks.  So, he could look better than he did, but that better is probably how he looked with the Jets, which still isn't good...

Better protection and a better offense installed will likely lead to Sam looking better.  He may even look better than he ever has.  But I think he will still see the ghosts and still have the same problems that ultimately limit him from being the answer at QB for the Panthers or any other NFL team. 

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nobody denies that the line was bad. But realistically speaking, Newton wasn't good either.

I get that people want Newton to come in like a movie hero, have a great season and ride off into the sunset. It's a nice idea, but in the real world of the NFL, it's highly unlikely.

Hell, last offseason was damn near an ideal scenario. All he had to do was come in and look great for six games, but even that didn't play out.

Edited by Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nobody denies that the line was bad. But realistically speaking, Newton wasn't good either.

I get that people want Newton to come in like a movie hero, have a great season and ride off into the sunset. It's a nice idea, but in the real world of the NFL, it's highly unlikely.

Hell, last offseason was damn near an ideal scenario. All he had to do was come in and look great for six games, but even that didn't play out.

I wouldn't call that situation ideal.  Cam had to learn a new offense with no prep, that was designed by the greenest of our college coaching staff who got fired mid season, behind an injury ravaged line that was already bad, with Robbie Dropsies Anderson, and Chuba "I'm going to have 3 times the drop rate of Robbie, on little checkdowns" Hubbard. 

It wasn't anywhere close to ideal.

Cam wants to start.  If that doesn't happen, then something might happen.  It seems remote tho.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Better protection and a better offense installed will likely lead to Sam looking better.  He may even look better than he ever has.  But I think he will still see the ghosts and still have the same problems that ultimately limit him from being the answer at QB for the Panthers or any other NFL team. 

Yeah this is Sam's last shot.  I'm hoping Corral blows the doors off in camp.  

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Cam basically said he isn't coming back to another 5 win team. He wants to be part of winning. 

That is not the Matt Rhule Panthers. 

I would love to see Cam end up in a good situation for himself but the fact is teams really aren't beating his door down.  If he only wants to be part of a winning team he might greatly increase his chances of not being on a roster this year.

don't understand how this board can acknowledge that the entire offense was a shitshow from top to bottom and then make conclusive statements on the QBs in the same breath. The passing game is going to better this year no matter what.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

don't understand how this board can acknowledge that the entire offense was a shitshow from top to bottom and then make conclusive statements on the QBs in the same breath. The passing game is going to better this year no matter what.

By default our offense should be better with what we have done for the offensive line but our passers last year were mostly terrible. Even when there were opportunities it ended badly. We can lie to ourselves but the opposing defenses we will be facing know the truth. If it's Sam or Cam they are going to be sitting back waiting for the inevitable. Sam is simply a turnover machine and Cam does not have the same arm anymore. This team must embrace the future