• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've made it to the bottom

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Look at the teams that were ranked 32nd in the preseason power rankings the last few years and you will see a trend. Those teams all had terrible seasons that year...maybe we'll buck the trend though.

Could you list exactly where the last 6 or 7 teams ranked #32 in the "power rankings" ended up finishing in the final standings?

4 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Could you list exactly where the last 6 or 7 teams ranked #32 in the "power rankings" ended up finishing in the final standings?

2021-Texans 4-13, 2020-Bengals 4-11-1, 2019-Jaguars 6-10

That's all I could find from ESPN. None of them finished 32 but none were very good

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

2021-Texans 4-13, 2020-Bengals 4-11-1, 2019-Jaguars 6-10

That's all I could find from ESPN. None of them finished 32 but none were very good

Yep, I doubt we finish last but there's a high probability we are picking  top 5 next year.  

6 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

They had the Bengals 28th last year.

2020 the WFT was 31st and went to the playoffs.

It's nothing to get excited about other than it gives the downers something to cheer about.

How did the 32nd ranked teams do those years?

The media has caught up to what the huddle could see coming two years ago. Before last season they were on Teppers nuts because of his $.

Now after all the wanton destruction they can see what we were screaming about, now we have all reached consensus that this franchise is mismanaged.

The roster on paper has been good enough but chimpanzees are running things, flinging poo at the walls.

I don't think teams get put in the 32nd place in any power rankings out of spite. 

Honestly, it's kind of a "usual suspects" thing. The same three or four teams are usually at that spot: Detroit, Jacksonville, NY Jets, Houston, the Giants... We seem to have joined that club but something is making the list makers think all of those teams have made more strides to improve than we have.

• Beer 2

On 5/16/2022 at 10:58 PM, poundaway said:

The Huddle has largely gotten what it wanted in FA and the draft.  Two excellent FA linemen, a potential franchise LT at pick 6, a rookie QB with a chance to start, and it looks like Sam will probably be the starter, at least day one...so Rhule will sink or swim with Sam...at least at first.

For those hoping we crash and burn with Sam to fire Rhule and to get a high draft pick for a new QB, ESPN thinks we're well on our way.

I could give a rat-@ss about what ESPN gives us.  As far as I'm concerned ESPN is on the bottom of all sports broadcasting.  Hell the Bleacher Report is probably ahead of them.

Secondly, how are we 28th before Free Agency and now 32.  Makes no sense.  We've upgrade the O-line by leaps and bounds.  Drafted a possible franchise LT and got the best QB in the draft.  Yet we lose 4 spots.  Obviously ESPN didn't do their homework. 

• Beer 1