• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign pass rushing DE to replace Haason Reddick

10 hours ago, t96 said:

What is a “3 year split?”

A split salary protects the team against injury. So if a player gets hurt under a split contract they get paid less. You’ll *never* see a good player have one but usually late round/UDFA who have injury concerns have them written into the contract. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Hicks is a vet piece that’s elite against the run. If we’re sitting on 25 million, we should be open to spending to improve weaknesses. Like run defense.

Is he going to get us to the super bowl this year?  If not why would we sign more of a luxury player to a 1 year deal when we can just roll the cap over to next season instead.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Baffles me how we’re in that situation..

It's all this void year garbage we keep adding.  We had the chance to take our lumps with those @(*&$ contracts the last two years and kept kicking the can down the road.  Now it's catching up.

• Beer 2

46 minutes ago, BrianS said:

It's all this void year garbage we keep adding.  We had the chance to take our lumps with those @(*&$ contracts the last two years and kept kicking the can down the road.  Now it's catching up.

I think Ionidas is the only player with void money next year (around 4 m).

Meanwhile we'll probably roll over 15m. 

We can cut Anderson next year and clear 12m.

Burns will be extended so his 16m. hit will probably end up being 4-5m.

DJ's base salary of 20m can be converted to bonus and save around 15m.

Cutting Elflein next year saves just under 5m.

We don't know how high the cap will go up next year.

And that's all without touching Shaq, CMC, or Moton.

We'll be ok.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I mean it doesn’t sound like he would be succesful looking at those numbers, sounds like a run defender then again I remember us signing a few udfa DEs over the years that made the team and got playing time and were specifically run stopping DEs like Wes Horton and Bryan Cox. Both put up similar numbers in college.

Edited by rmoneyg35

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

@TheSpecialJuan

can you write an autobiography?  I want to learn more about you..

I'm thinking he is a big time CEO type that has much responsibility so he spends his down time recharging and trolling us for some chill fun. I appreciate all his strangely odd responses. My favorites are when someone posts something really jacked up that happens and he responds with a "I'm completely fine with this". I know he isn't but he is seeing who he can get a rose out of and it's great. His humor often seems very serious in nature so it makes it that muchore goofy and entertaining. He is an all around very important part of the huddle. This site needs him.

• Pie 1