• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bold Prediction -

TheWiz

6 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Bold Prediction. Deshaun Watson gets suspended for a year.  

Baker Mayfield ends up being a Panther. 

Cam Newton ends up in Cleveland.

That is bold.

I like it.

But keep in mind that Jacoby Brissett was signed for this reason specifically. If Cam doesn't get signed by them soon, I don't think they would go down that road unless Brissett gets injured.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That is bold.

I like it.

But keep in mind that Jacoby Brissett was signed for this reason specifically. If Cam doesn't get signed by them soon, I don't think they would go down that road unless Brissett gets injured.

I totally forgot about Jacoby. This is going to get ugly for Deshaun and Cleveland. Baker is out of there... and it seems like we're really trying to pounce on that situation.

Based on Cam's media lately... We're unlikely to bring him back. But even with Brissett, Clevelands QB room needs to be bolstered. 

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

That would be another episode of Cam reflecting on being in a fugged up situation. 

Who cares anyway……we have Queen City News as our new flagship station!!!! I’m still on a high from that news yesterday.

College Basketball Dancing GIF by UNC Tar Heels

I can’t believe that news! I woke up so hungover today from it I thought it was a dream…

• Pie 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 3

30 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Bold Prediction. Deshaun Watson gets suspended for a year.  

Baker Mayfield ends up being a Panther. 

Cam Newton ends up in Cleveland.

I think there is logic in all of this and proves bold doesn't have to be far fetched. 

I agree with Deshaun suspension.  It is inevitable.

If Cleveland gets a bit more desperate, I can see this happening.

I think Cam ends up in Houston or Seattle. 

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

I totally forgot about Jacoby. This is going to get ugly for Deshaun and Cleveland. Baker is out of there... and it seems like we're really trying to pounce on that situation.

Based on Cam's media lately... We're unlikely to bring him back. But even with Brissett, Clevelands QB room needs to be bolstered. 

I am not sure about the Watson situation. I suspect the punishment will either be too harsh or not harsh enough. The NFL rarely metes out fair punishment. 

I think the Browns are looking at this long term so I doubt their concern level is high. The fact they signed Jacoby tells me they knew him being suspended for 2022 was a possibility. It's not terrible for them, he wouldn't get paid any salary.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's not terrible for them, he wouldn't get paid any salary.

assuming "he" is Watson:   thought the bulk was fully guaranteed, aside from the 2022 per-game number?  Folks suggesting the Browns are going to be on the hook for $230m regardless, due to how the contract was structured.

Edited by PanthersATL

Just now, PanthersATL said:

assuming "he" is Watson:   thought the bulk was fully guaranteed, aside from the 2022 per-game number?  Folks suggesting the Browns are going to be on the hook for $230m regardless, due to how the contract was structured.

I think they can technically get out of his 2022 salary. Depends on how it was written. They also have the option to legally pursue the money back from him but that seems very doubtful unless they want a disgruntled QB....again.

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not sure about the Watson situation. I suspect the punishment will either be too harsh or not harsh enough. The NFL rarely metes out fair punishment. 

There's talk that Major League Baseball putting a guy on a two year suspension even without criminal charges might affect how the NFL treats Watson. Some believe the league might not want to look "soft" on sexual misconduct issues.

Don't know if anything comes of it but it kinda makes sense, especially given the new allegations and the New York Times story.