• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield watch

ncfan

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agreed. We don’t need another mediocre but just good enough to miss out on a top QB or a cherry trade spot like Miami got for Trey Lance. If Corral isn’t quite ready, let Sam lead us to a great pick. We don’t need an extra 2-3 wins with Baker.

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Plus adding in a cancer personality to a dysfunctional situation is always a great idea. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3

Is Baker really that bad or did he just not get along w/ OBJ who is a basket case?  Sam Darnold is going to do much better this year and Baker would only help us win a game or two more and limit reps for Corral so spending ANY draft capital on him makes 0 sense. 

1 hour ago, Louie said:

Sam Darnold for  Baker Mayfield straight up!

I would do that in a heartbeat, then dump Mayfield for a 4th or whatever I could get. Even if we eat his whole salary, it'd be like we cut Sam Darnold and got a pick back for doing so.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

That's a lot of assumptions or should I say hopeful thinking.  I've seen nothing in his history to suggest he would try to be a good teammate. I just do not want that asshole near this team and especially around our new draft pick.

Darnold may be ass as a qb but he's one hell of a teammate. The amount of hatred and boos he's had to endure yet he still puts on a smile and tries to do his best. Unlike the little sh!t Mayfield who throws a tantrum if things don't go his way.

Hard pass on Mayfield. 

I love you, brother! Lol

Hard pass on Mayfield. 

I'd rather go into the season with our QB room as it is, than have Mayfield on this team. 

• Pie 2

funny videos fail GIF

3rd time will be different lol. I hope this is just agents pushing BS rumors. It is all so stupid but hilariously painful to watch.

Whoever, just get in here and be a part of this ongoing failure. Just remember last year where the Sam is basically a rookie or his 5th year option is cheap for a starting g QB people lol. New target, same feels.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

FYI this is the same front office that got prison raped by the jets........the jets.   I dont like our chances in this standoff

I think the difference will be who is beating the war drums for Mayfield. Sam was a Snow/Rhule thing, so I imagine that was why we blew our load so early. Seems like when Rhule fixated on a move, we make it quickly. 

Which, he is the GM, so I suppose it should work like that.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....talks don't mean a deal is imminent. This sounds like a battle of who blinks first on their offer.

Sounds like we are the only team seriously talking to them about him though.  So, I imagine one of these days soon, Mayfield will be a Carolina Panther. Which I am not totally against.  Better him than Sam.  I doubt Corral will be ready to go from Day 1....and NOBODY wants to see Darnold start another game in Charlotte ever. 

• Beer 2