• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The only rational for Mayfield

Jmac

Unless they include Darnold in any trade, then it is not rational. I hope Darnold well and being a multi-millionaire at 25, it's hard to feel sorry for him.

Bring Baker in as a starter this year and groom M.C behind him. Baker on a short deal and that's it. 

I do not like him for his cry baby sh%t and his teammates didn't seem to care for him either.

Seems like they are determined to do this, then so be it. Send Robbie along for good measure.

They want a Vet ahead of M.C then you got ur vet....like him or not.

• Pie 6

No one is taking Darnold.  If Baker came for free, they could just release Darnold and the effect is the same as swapping.  Its why they are trying to get the compensation as low as possible for Baker.  Baker takes QB1, Corral QB2, Darnold is released or PS.  Its an upgrade at QB, but people will see Baker ain't all that when he's not behind one of the best lines in the NFL with top a 5 run game and surrounded by weapons.  He will not play as well here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, The Lobo said:

Having two QBs on the roster making 18M+ would be sad. 

When it's all said and done they will have about 30+ million (that includes Darnold's salary to hit the street) in Mayfield for one season of drama and maybe 1 or 2 more wins.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Already been reported that's a "no" from the Browns...

Picking nits...

The report from PFT indicated that a deal involving Darnold was "very unlikely". That's not a "No". Coming from Cleveland, it sounds like any deal including Darnold would have to include more to make the medicine go down. Be happy to toss in Robbie (Robby?) and any OLineman named "Elflein" or "Erving" if they so desire.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Whomever thinks Mayfield is a competent starting QB, doesn't understand the intangibles that a starting QB should have. 

Sad thing is,  Sam has more intangibles than Mayfield. 

This might be true. Sam is bigger and has a great arm. He can move a bit also. Its his mental game that is failing him. I have not seen enough of Baker to know if his mental game is superior enough to give up anything in a trade for him. Based on what I have seen and heard, I'm not thrilled about the possibility of losing draft capital or too much cap space for him. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Whomever thinks Mayfield is a competent starting QB, doesn't understand the intangibles that a starting QB should have. 

I am not saying he is, but the front office believes he is (I guess).  If they want to go down that rabbit hole, then Donald and Anderson should be in the mix also. They can't have Donald and Mayfield both...  makes little sense to me. If the Browns won't have him, then what they gonna do?

Cut him I guess. 

Anderson has turned into a pain in the ass who isn't worth the grief. If he was a top shelf WR,that would be a different story. E.G.: Steve Smith sr.

Edited by Jmac

I think everyone needs to acknowledge Baker is better than Darnold. He is being severely underrated on this board. It's like it was with Cam, the media portraying selfish and not a good teammate. His teammates love him, look at Bitonio saying he is still his guy. He got hurt week 2 and battled through. Won a playoff game the year before. I'd prefer Corral to start over Darnold, but if we can give up minimal for Baker, I think it is a no brainer since the rest of the roster is improved. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Not sure I agree there. Mayfield has much better composure than Sam.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I think everyone needs to acknowledge Baker is better than Darnold. He is being severely underrated on this board. It's like it was with Cam, the media portraying selfish and not a good teammate. His teammates love him, look at Bitonio saying he is still his guy. He got hurt week 2 and battled through. Won a playoff game the year before. I'd prefer Corral to start over Darnold, but if we can give up minimal for Baker, I think it is a no brainer since the rest of the roster is improved. 

Baker>Darnold  Its just hard to say how much.  Baker has played behind an elite OL with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt in the backfield.  Baker is not going to perform better here.

• Pie 1