• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another bodyblow (lawsuit) for Tepper 🫵🤦‍♂️…from The Charlotte Ledger.

SizzleBuzz

The Charlotte Ledger, a terrific new media outlet doing real “reporting” (unlike The Disturber), reports that Mascaro/Barton Malow (a JV formed to build the Panthers facility in Rock Hill) has filed suit against GT R/E Holdings in Delaware.

Like York County who recently filed their own suit in SC, Mascaro/Barton Malow is attempting to pierce the corporate veil and attach their claims to Tepper controlled assets outside of GT R/E Holdings. 

If you haven’t already seen/read it, The Ledger is a startup news organization who distribute their product through email and the website — only $8/month and well worth it 🙌.

Mascaro/Barton Malow Suit here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1832B7qhyPJFnn_qCVLI-XNwA4xEShqbs/view

Ledger website here:  https://charlotteledger.substack.com/p/rock-hill-contractor-slams-tepper

Without further delay, let the pummeling commence 👊👊👊😂😭🤣.

D9052CB7-0E45-4D68-8482-42033027F403.jpeg

01D55B31-0A84-420F-A95B-377159F86EF3.jpeg

C4FD90CF-34C3-4B56-B42F-371C429F786D.png

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's a huge undertaking. They're still building. They've done a great job. I haven't got on the train in years but they look fly.

Im assuming he is referring to the Trolley line, bc that is the one that was a poo show. The light rail is an ongoing project and shouldnt be deemed "took forever" bc technically it is a forever project.

• Beer 4

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

and dont forget the hawthorne bridge fiasco.... a project that was supposed to take less than 1.5 years.... took over 4 years

I think the Panthers project would have all their attention. So much so, streets be damned.

I just think Charlotte has a much much bigger headstart in coding, zoning, infrastructure development that SC can't match. I'm a homer but uptown Charlotte is built very very well. The city itself demands it from builders especially a project like a practice facility for the Panthers.

• Pie 3

Any lawyers want to speak on this claim of liability based solely on association? Is there any precedent, or is it more a case of straw grasping?

Even under the worst case scenario, I don't believe it will change the price of tea in China regarding Panthers operations (other than using Panthers checks for official Panthers business. Tepper may take a hit, but, "Que será será!"

Just to understand, are they claiming the firm running the RH project (which I believe was a Tepper firm IIRC) was just taking money out of the Panthers to line his own pockets? If so that's messed up, and the NFL should look at Tepper immediately. That's some poo I expect from Dan Snyder. 

53 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

Just to understand, are they claiming the firm running the RH project (which I believe was a Tepper firm IIRC) was just taking money out of the Panthers to line his own pockets? If so that's messed up, and the NFL should look at Tepper immediately. That's some poo I expect from Dan Snyder. 

I think what it means is that Tepper was comingling funds. Using 1 company to pay another companies bills. I imagine this opens up the larger company, IE Panthers, to liability. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The Charlotte Ledger, a terrific new media outlet doing real “reporting” (unlike The Disturber), reports that Mascaro/Barton Malow (a JV formed to build the Panthers facility in Rock Hill) has filed suit against GT R/E Holdings in Delaware.

Like York County who recently filed their own suit in SC, Mascaro/Barton Malow is attempting to pierce the corporate veil and attach their claims to Tepper controlled assets outside of GT R/E Holdings. 

If you haven’t already seen/read it, The Ledger is a startup news organization who distribute their product through email and the website — only $8/month and well worth it 🙌.

Mascaro/Barton Malow Suit here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1832B7qhyPJFnn_qCVLI-XNwA4xEShqbs/view

Ledger website here:  https://charlotteledger.substack.com/p/rock-hill-contractor-slams-tepper

Without further delay, let the pummeling commence 👊👊👊😂😭🤣.

D9052CB7-0E45-4D68-8482-42033027F403.jpeg

01D55B31-0A84-420F-A95B-377159F86EF3.jpeg

C4FD90CF-34C3-4B56-B42F-371C429F786D.png

DrPhillipsLunker