• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

20 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I think the negative here is people hate Rhule so the best case for them is we lose every game, fire Rhule and draft a new QB and start the rebuild over again. 

I would rather just win.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont get the people who are against winning because they want Rhule gone.  I would much rather win.  He is gaining experience and learning from it.   Why would you want to lose to get rid of someone instead of them improving and winning.  Just to be right it feels like.

I prefer someone that doesn't need on the job training.  Rhule is not and will nevet be a competent nfl head coach.  Baker Mayfield is and will always be a mediocre qb. If you are content with that then more power to ya.

• Pie 2

"He can make that money back via on-field incentives."

That means those are in the contract as "not likely to be earned" NLTBE.  If those are earned, they are charged to the following year’s Salary Cap

In other words, if Baker balls out, he's going to cost us next year's cap.

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

BTW in  2020, Bakers only playoff year,  Cleveland's OL was #1 overall, at the end of season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

That was Cleveland's only playoff year in how long???  They were the worst team in the entire league and he had them in the playoffs in year three.  Not too bad considered he was playing for such a terribly ran organization.  I get the OL was good, but how am I suppose to hold that against him?  Brady usually has a good OL, Manning always had a great one, Brees always had a good one.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

No idea, If he's not, he's not under contract. If he plays well, we end up drafting in the 20's and fill one of the many other holes on the team.

For all of you guys that like the trade you still will not answer the question. 

If we are drafting in the 20's are you comfortable giving mayfield a monster deal or franchise tagging him? 

Say he duplicates his 2020 stats, you willing to go all in with him?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are drafting in the 20's are you comfortable giving mayfield a monster deal or franchise tagging him? 

I thought that's what Corral was for?  You've been arguing this whole time that Corral should be starting immediately but now you say if Baker plays bad this season we are without options.  It can only really be one or the other.

10 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont get the people who are against winning because they want Rhule gone.  I would much rather win.  He is gaining experience and learning from it.   Why would you want to lose to get rid of someone instead of them improving and winning.  Just to be right it feels like.

Nobody is against winning.

What people fear is a short-term flash in the pan leading to an extended investment that turns out to not be worth it. Imagine, for example, that we had given Sam Darnold a big extension based on the first four games of last year.

Heck, it wouldn't be the first time it happened to this team. Jerry Richardson gave Dom Capers a ten year guaranteed contract extension based on the 1996 season and look what happened after that.

A lot of people don't believe in Matt Rhule and could very easily see a similar thing happening with him.

(I'm one of them)

• Pie 5

20 minutes ago, hepcat said:

faker gonna whine and bitch all season that's why i'm so upset I gotta root for this coward. Was all about seeing Corral this season.

Well, Sam was likely going to be starting had we not traded for Baker, so I think the Corral thing is a moot point right now. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Not the solution I necessarily wanted but if it means getting Sam Darnold tf up out of here bring him on.

Look at that, a situation where we dont totally disagree for once.  Is the huddle healing?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm not going to make a decision like that based on stats, or win-loss record.

I want to see how he plays.

• Beer 1