• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I never supported Sam but if you want to make up complete poo to prove your point well that says a lot about your point.  There are PLENTY of posts/comments to call me out on so there is no need to make up any.  L

-For the 5th time, I am not saying Baker will be our franchise QB.  I am saying it was a super cheap deal for a clear upgrade and a player that has a chance (a small one) to put it all together.  I will be happy with Baker this year and Corral taking over when he is ready.

MrIncompletely needs to get laid...hes blowing a gasket...

• Pie 2

I am overjoyed to see Baker Mayfield become a Carolina Panther. An upgrade at QB for sure.

Mayfield's 29-30 all-time as a starter, and would become the fourth former Heisman Trophy winner to play for the Panthers, alongside quarterbacks Vinny Testaverde, Chris Weinke, and Cam Newton. Not bad company.

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I just googled your question you.  Enjoy the read.

-Seriously though, do I think Baker is our next great QB?  Probably not, but we got him for so cheap I don't understand the outrage....  He is a definite upgrade and even if he has a 5% chance you be our future QB then it's easily worth it for what we have given up.  

A couple people are mad just to be mad.  Theyve been complaining for months about Sam, Corral has said himself hes not ready yet, and they're mad we didnt stand pat instead of trying a move that literally has no lose condition at all.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Right??? He has lost his mind over this cheap ass trade…

You are not seeing the big picture.  Myself and numerous others have laid it out for you but you are one of the sunshiners and just dont see the forest for the trees

This is another poo trade and it doesnt matter how "cheap" it is, its useless and counterproductive

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nope just sick and tired of watching this poo show of a front office keep tripping unncessarily on their dick and posters on here repeatedly keep supporting it.

So if Corral is seen to be "not ready" by professionals ... you'd rather watch Sam again this season? Baker is only here one season, then we can run with Corral if he's ready. What's SO bad about watching Baker for a year?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its useless and counterproductive

You just described the Panthers front office the last two years. Kick back and enjoy the ride or hop off and save your sanity if you're in this much of a tizzy over the move.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

but why? 

That isn't an answer to why it's SO bad to watch Baker for one season. He doesn't cripple us financially, we lost a 5th Rounder in 2024, and we have Corral on the roster. The only possible reason I can think of is that you think we can throw Corral to the wolves and next season he'll take us to the playoffs hopefully.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You realize 2 of the 4 posts you quoted are compliments?  One calls us a playoff team (which I'm not sure I agree with) and the other says Baker is about to light the Browns on fire week 1.  

The we lost $5 million this year and a 5th round (or later) pick next year and will probably get a higher comp pick for letting him become a FA as @CanadianCatstated.  Super low risk move by us.  

Just an unnecessary move with little chance of reward.