• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby/ie should be cut before Week 1

davos

I don’t believe I’ve seen such an ineffective player cause such a continuous distraction whether it’s a facepalm, head-scratch worthy, or just downright weird toxic behavior. 

He carries himself like an absolute imbecile, continuously incoherent, and can’t manage to just shut up.

If it was true we tried moving him a few times this offseason, I’d like to see us straight up cut him before the season starts. If he isn’t worth anything to anyone else, and only causing distractions when we have 2 new QBs (one of which he has this weirdness with already) it’s time to go.

I don’t want this guy influencing TMJ, Shi, Corral, anyone. Get him out of here. It shouldn’t take to the end of Rhule’s tenure.

Again, it’s his final year just like Darnold. They’re on the books no matter what. I say just cut them both, get some new energy in the QB and WR rooms if you want to have this offense reset with McAdoo and Baker. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 7

4 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

So you want a good to decent number 2 receiver and our only true deep threat cut because he speaks his mind and you don’t agree with his style

Make it make sense.

Not what I said

Its not his “style”, it’s his actions. And he’s no world beater, would not be losing much.  And a guy that creates conflicts out of nothing, thin air, yeah get him out.

He’s not some irreplaceable option. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I’m on board but DJ is going to need some help. A healthy CMC should spell him but we don’t have much consistent production outside of these two. TMJ will hopefully take the next step this year. If we have one more guy emerge as an offensive weapon then Robbie is more than expendable IMO. It’s not like he was anything more than mediocre last year and you are spot on with his etiquette. Dude doesn’t know when to keep his trap shut.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Surely they’d just trade him if it came to that right? 

They owe him about $10M guaranteed this year and $10M again next year either way and I don't think anyone would give us anything of any value in return to compensate. It's part of the process

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, davos said:

Apparently we’ve been trying to since the draft. 

Proof? You can’t use the patriots at the combine either. Bc Ian came out and debunked that and said at the combine poo gets thrown against the wall every year. They called out Robby to NE as a perfect example of it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Proof? You can’t use the patriots at the combine either. Bc Ian came out and debunked that and said at the combine poo gets thrown against the wall every year. They called out Robby to NE as a perfect example of it.

It's speculative but you can get the sense they would definitely listen if there were offers. They are putting out hype pieces for Terrace Marshall Jr too. But the more often Robbie makes himself a public story the less likely any team is going to be inclined to inquire about his services.