• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield and Scott Fitterer presser today at noon.

Zod

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Will Tepper help Rhule coach too?🙄

The owner should never be involved in those kinds of decisions.

Tomorrow morning in Matt Rhule's office (Tep on the right, Fitt on the left)

See the source image

Nothing said ever alludes to us being a well run org.  Rhule gets final say....but the GM had to go out of his way to say how the entire staff will be involved and the owner too? lol. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Will Tepper help Rhule coach too?🙄

The owner should never be involved in those kinds of decisions.

Oh man it’s almost as if there is a reason this team has won only 22 out of 64 games since Tepper bought the team!

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Well at least we learned our lesson after blowing $54M and 2nd, 3rd (lost Bradberry’s comp), 4th and 6th picks to get the studs known as Teddy and Sam.

Why we didn’t wait until after the draft to get Sam, I’ll never understand. The only “competition” was supposedly SF and they made their trade up for Lance the week before our trade. Let them take Wilson and let the other QBs get drafted and then get Sam on the cheap.

Sucks that we have to live through 5 win seasons as Tepper has to learn that Marty was not great, Rhule has to learn that Brady isn’t bringing LSU players with him among other things he still needs to learn and that you don’t have to blow your entire wad when you are the only game in town.

I thought at the time that our original plan was to draft a QB, but when the 9ers jumped the line, we weren't sure who would be left by the time it got to us.  They wanted to be free to do bpa and rushed a solution at QB before the draft.  In reality, they would have been better off just sitting tight with Teddy. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

People are gonna be looking for a "gotcha" moment but there really wasn't one.

The only thing I heard that people could potentially pick up on was a dismissive comment where he said something like he doesn't really care about people's negative opinions.

And I am glad he can put blinders on to that $hit. If the great ones listened to all the negatives, they would not have been great. He will make some mistakes, but I think he will be a winner here.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Isn't that kinda how Newton was too, though?

Sure, but Newton did care what the fans thought. I suspect Baker does also. The big difference--kind of of off note--may be that Newton was willing to take responsibility for his failings and the team's failings (even when he wasn't necessarily responsible). 

Edited by top dawg

4 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

Wow for all the people who personally hate Sam Darnold for whatever reason I dont get it.  He seems like a really good dude even if hes not a good nfl qb.  To reach out to Mayfield the day after he signed and help him get in contact with all the other players and stuff because he wants to win first and foremost is pretty impressive.

Well for 18 million dollars guaranteed that's the least he can do.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well for 18 million dollars guaranteed that's the least he can do.

We're shopping him.  I don't think there will be any takers, but if we eat enough of the salary who knows.  We got picks for Allen, Teddy, and even Greg Little.  I would not be surprised if he's gone before the season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1