• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield and Scott Fitterer presser today at noon.

Zod

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

More on  McAdoo:

“He’s coached some of the most efficient offenses in NFL history—some of the most prolific teams. And looking at ’em, there’s ability at the line of scrimmage to take advantage of matchups and take advantage of how teams are really schemin’ you up. And luckily, for us, I think that fits very well with our position group, our offensive line. Be able to take advantage that we have so many skill players who are extremely talented. It’s the freedom at the line to be able to let a defense try and guard us a certain way and dictate where we’re gonna go after that. So I’m excited about it. I’m excited about the possibilities we’ll learn about each other during training camp.”

It's exciting to think we might actually have an experienced OC who is capable and willing to make adjustments instead of one who still thinks he's playing Rookie Mode Madden in his mommy's basement.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's exciting to think we might actually have an experienced OC who is capable and willing to make adjustments instead of one who still thinks he's playing Rookie Mode Madden in his mommy's basement.

Hopefully the head coach has stopped playing Tecmo Super Bowl as well.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Lots of people on this forum (and most of the respected ones) wanted Watson.  Clearly that was as crazy as it sounded then

We had people suggesting he should be allowed to pick the next head coach and/or GM 😳

There was a whole lot of crazy going on up in here.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

I suspect that he has a serious problem with criticism though based upon his responses about only caring what people in the building think.

So you walk around caring what literally everyone thinks of you?  I highly doubt you care what anyone thinks but your family and your direct boss.  Why should he be any different?

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We had people suggesting he should be allowed to pick the next head coach and/or GM 😳

There was a whole lot of crazy going on up in here.

Yeah…lots of crazy…no doubt.  I must be completely crazy because I think this team will be markedly better this season.   The QB position is literally the last reason I feel confident.  The OL improvement and talent returning from injury is huge.  We are talking about winning more close games and I believe this team can be good at doing that this season.   9-8 would be a major jump IMO.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, bruceleeroy said:

So you walk around caring what literally everyone thinks of you?  I highly doubt you care what anyone thinks but your family and your direct boss.  Why should he be any different?

He has thousands of people rooting for him. If I wasn't for the fans, he wouldn't be paid so handsomely to do a job that he loves. In one sense you can say that he doesn't owe the fans anything. In another sense, you can say he owes the fans everything. I feel that it's somewhere in between. If you do well, you have no problem accepting all the praise. If you play like sh¡t, you should be mature enough to accept constructive criticism.

Just the way I see it.

2 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

At least Prices is out of business and he can spare himself a near certain case of explosive diarrhea.

Why u celebrating that local staple which has been serving up incredible food out of business to make way for a chipotle or some stupid boutique you can’t afford to shop at 

prices chicken coup RIP KING

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He has thousands of people rooting for him. If I wasn't for the fans, he wouldn't be paid so handsomely to do a job that he loves. In one sense you can say that he doesn't owe the fans anything. In another sense, you can say he owes the fans everything. I feel that it's somewhere in between. If you do well, you have no problem accepting all the praise. If you play like sh¡t, you should be mature enough to accept constructive criticism.

Just the way I see it.

I was always my own biggest critic. I don't know that anyone had to tell what I did wrong. I always appreciated someone who could help me figure out what to do instead. Because most times folks are happy to tell you what you did wrong but were real short on productive help or solutions. And if you can't do that then criticism is wasted.

18 hours ago, Tbe said:
19 hours ago, poundaway said:

So has anybody heard exactly what Baker's incentives are?   I'm just curious how likely it will be to earn that money back.

Play offs and pro bowl.

Still vague, but according to CBS:

The Panthers also created an incentives package that would give Mayfield a chance to earn back his $3.5 million pay cut. The incentives reportedly include making the postseason, winning a certain amount of games and statistics.

• Pie 1