• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings Wire writer taking potshots at Panthers

top dawg

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Cousins is a very very good QB. He is also a QB who will never get his team deep in the playoffs or win a Super Bowl. I believe you have to have a certain personality that can help you connect with offense and defense as well as alpha energy in the huddle to make your entire team better. That’s what gets teams deep in the playoffs and helps them win Super Bowls. Cousins is not the guy who brings the Tom Brady energy to his team which is why he will always be a QB who has great stats, but nothing when it matters most. With all that being said he is clearly a much better QB talent wise than anything we have currently.

This is such a horeshyt take. There have been plenty of Avg Quarterbacks that have won a Bowl. Foles, Dilfer, Flacco just to name a few. If you put Cousins on any of those Ravens teams they are still winning the championship. 

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

They beat us, they can talk their crap. 

Cousins is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Darnold.

Still wouldn't have wanted to trade for him because it would have been for way too much. 

I'm sure we would have been happy to consider Cousins for $5M.

53 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

"Embarrassment of riches in the offense."

A broken down OBJ and a Average Jarvis Landry isn't an embarrassment of riches. lol. Chubb and Hunt are good tho. I'll give him that. This dude talking like he had Kelce, Hill, Watkins, etc.

The offensive line they had was pretty good if not a top unit.  I think that’s the biggest question.  Can we even protect this guy long enough to be average?

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

The Browns gave up 3 fewer sacks than Carolina last year. Where is this idea that they had some great line coming from? They were 27th and 28th in that regard.

There seems to be a thing in the nfl that if you’re good at run blocking or pass blocking you’re great all around but that’s not always the case.

35 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

The Browns gave up 3 fewer sacks than Carolina last year. Where is this idea that they had some great line coming from? They were 27th and 28th in that regard.

Basically really good run blocking. Their tackles were injured most of the year so they had scrubs out there against edge rushers in pass pro. Anyways this Vikings guy can suck it. 

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

I have no doubt they had a much better line than we did. But it wasn't great....and we have a new line so we don't know what we have. Likely a notably improved line.

This sort of goes along with the disclaimer "past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Our OL has almost always been one target of the "we are only one or two pieces away" thinking.  Historically, we bring in new pieces, our expectations go up, and they have generally not panned out.  The exception being 2015 when the group gelled until the Superb Owl.  So, we are jaded on the OL subject. 

I am generally of the "show me first" line of thinking, but I must admit, the fact we actually drafted somebody expected to be a major piece has me hopeful.  Guarded, but hopeful.

Then there is the minor fact that we couldn't be any worse than we were last year.

As far as the Vikings and the QB debate, Cousins is a decent to good QB.  I also think he is widely underrated.....except by whoever negotiated his contract with the Vikings.  On total cash for the year, he is the 5th highest-paid QB in 2022 per Spotrac.  He is above both Brady and Mahomes, and $10M above Brady at that. 

To put it in stock market terms, his P/E ratio has him overvalued.

• Beer 1