• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jessie Bates III wants out of Cincinatti.

mickeye76

I'd do it if

A: He didn't demand outrageous ass $$$

B: We put him at FS and Woods at SS. Which would leave our LB's as Shaq-Wilson/Littleton-Chinn. 

Being that we signed Xavier for three years and Wilks along with Snow pushed for Chinn to stay at safety, I wouldn't put money on us even picking up the phone for Bates. 

It would be a nice addition on paper.

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

He is a very good player, but we aren't in a position to mortgage our future draft picks, especially since we're down a 5th maybe a 4th next year already...

That Mayfield pick is a 2024 pick, but I still agree. 

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Bates is among the best FS out there.

Sylvester Stallone GIF by Warner Archive

Because we need to conserve our draft capita and not spend top dollar at a position we already have filled. Love Bates as a player but fug no, I’m tired of this one player away short sighted nonsense especially when we’ve picked top ten now for years.

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I'd do it if

A: He didn't demand outrageous ass $$$

B: We put him at FS and Woods at SS. Which would leave our LB's as Shaq-Wilson/Littleton-Chinn. 

Being that we signed Xavier for three years and Wilks along with Snow pushed for Chinn to stay at safety, I wouldn't put money on us even picking up the phone for Bates. 

It would be a nice addition on paper.

He is obviously demanding crazy money. Why do you think the super bowl runner up is considering trading one of their best defensive players?

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been begging for a legit FS for years but no. We're already pretty strapped on draft pick capital and I don't want this staff trading anymore future capital. They need to stink or swim with what they can muster up without further mortgaging our future.

The Rams disagree with your assessment. 

If I understand the situation correctly, Bates has been Franchise tagged for a little under 13m and was offered 16m+ or so a year (for 5 years) but with very little guaranteed by Cincy. The deal never got done so now he has to play under the tag. He is threatening to sit out. I'm not sure we would be willing to pay that kind of $.

13 hours ago, onmyown said:

can someone who doesn’t want to overpay inform me what the panthers have other than money and why in the world would a decent player come here if he wasn’t getting paid?

That's precisely how you build a terrible franchise. Overpaying for players that really don't want to be there outside the money.