• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First practice day

Mr. Scot

So what is the official QB rep split 

Sam and Baker alternate days between the 1s and 2s.  

What’s Corral get? That’s my worry on developing Corral.  You got two meh QBs ahead of him that Rhule is probably going to treat like a battle of Brady/Peyton. 

think big picture roster would be better with Sam out.  Baker needs all the 1 reps.   Then Corral gets legit backup reps to grow

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Players do out themselves though about how they pay attention to what folks say online.  DJ clearly watching.  He tried to play it off “that his brother watches”……yet DJ can pick them out in a crowd. 

Out of everyone the hate for DJ Moore is bizarre especially since this team has been desperate for legitimately good wide receivers for years now.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Out of everyone the hate for DJ Moore is bizarre especially since this team has been desperate for legitimately good wide receivers for years now.

Are there people who hate on DJ Moore?  The man racks up 1000 yard seasons with some terrible QB play...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Are there people who hate on DJ Moore?  The man racks up 1000 yard seasons with some terrible QB play...

I dont think anyone really hates him......he is a good to great WR and seems to have a good attitude. I would love to see him take the next step with some decent QB play. 

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

PNP was gonna livestream the whole camp on Youtube but Tepper is still a hater

Well, there's an effective strategy for stopping people from calling you a sh-tty owner. 

I'm sure we'll all be saying much nicer things about him very soon 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Good God… some of y’all forgot to take our xanny’s this morning. If you legit thought Rhule was going to name Mayfield QB1 and trot him out there first after being in Charlotte for two weeks then I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you.

Mayfield will be the starter soon enough but it ain’t gonna happen on the first day on camp.

I'd be one of the last people you'll ever find defending Matt Rhule, but rolling with Darnold first isn't exactly surprising.  Small though the margin may be, he is still the one with the most reps in this offense so far. 

My understanding is they'll flip it and have Mayfield running with the starters next time. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Guess this dude said fug it and filmed some anyway

Corral is running with bottom of the Roster guys (UDFA's and Mini-camp tryout signings). That said I like Josh Babicz. He's big (6'6) and was a fairly reliable target at NDSU. He played special teams as well so he may have a chance to stick at least on the PS.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd be one of the last people you'll ever find defending Matt Rhule, but rolling with Darnold first isn't exactly surprising.  Small though the margin may be, he is still the one with the most reps in this offense so far. 

My understanding is they'll flip it and have Mayfield running with the starters next time. 

Agreed, I don’t like Rhule, I still question nearly everything he does.. but this is to be expected. If we are still doing this come the second preseason game then it’ll be a little concerning but I’d prefer not to panic on the first day.