• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith on his camp observation’s

ncfan

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he struggles the next staff will probably want to bring in their own guy.

It gives film to the next staff to make that choice. They could just as easily go for a top QB because Corral would still be a complete unknown and not their guy. The best thing he can do is remain healthy and show he has something desirable to work with the next staff.

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It gives film to the next staff to make that choice. They could just as easily go for a top QB because Corral would still be a complete unknown and not their guy. The best thing he can do is remain healthy and show he has something desirable to work with the next staff.

Dude landed in a bad spot. Coach on the hot seat. His best bet is for us to be bad and get a shot late in the season and show promise.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

He does... but need to quit pushing the darnold competition...get his azz outta here... hes taking away reps from the future...

Yeah, Darnold is proven trash at this point. He should be competing with Corral for the #2 spot and for a roster spot in general. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Darnold is proven trash at this point. He should be competing with Corral for the #2 spot and for a roster spot in general. 

Right...not sure why they are affording him a soft landing when they totally kicked Cam to the curb... I don't want to see him disparage a Panther uniform ever again...

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

Problem with evaluating our DBs in our practices…..is we also have very weak QBs.   So how much of it is the bad QBs vs great DB play when it comes to Henderson. 

Most of the comments I've seen is he's been hip to hip with the WR's, even DJ, so I think it can be believable. Will be nice to actually see IRL during preseason games. He definitely looks happier in general from the small sample of clips Tepper allows us to view

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Problem with evaluating our DBs in our practices…..is we also have very weak QBs.   So how much of it is the bad QBs vs great DB play when it comes to Henderson. 

The perennial “does our D suck or is our O good?” mystery.

52 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Henderson news I fantastic.

If Jackson, Henderson, and Horn can create a no fly zone back there then all we have to worry about is stopping the run… obviously easier said than done.

Had me until stop the run.  

Seriously tho, I agree. The Henderson comment is reassuring.   Was worried about him but sounds like he is coming along. Trade has the potential of paying huge dividends. 

Smitty don't lie.  May be wrong about both but if CJ can reach his first round grade, our secondary is going to be elite.  I believe in Horn, and what we've heard from camp today shows what we saw in his tiny bit of action last year....qbs don't like throwing where he is.  Now add CJ to the mix with Donte, and Taylor looking like a great find...

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Right...not sure why they are affording him a soft landing when they totally kicked Cam to the curb... I don't want to see him disparage a Panther uniform ever again...

I honestly think they might be hoping some desperate team will offer them something for Darnold. What they don't realize is that we were that desperate team and the Jets already cashed that check.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1