• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He looked better, but last week he looked about as bad as you can look.  He has a quick release and he is mobile, but that's about all I see.  Reps and lack of comfort level aside, he's just not very accurate with the football.

This. Those two traits are nice and it's something to work with and try to groom. But damn, he looks bad other than that. I mean, Sam Darnold throws a really nice football. That doesn't make a QB.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This. Those two traits are nice and it's something to work with and try to groom. But damn, he looks bad other than that. I mean, Sam Darnold throws a really nice football. That doesn't make a QB.

Darnold has the best throw on the team and he fuging blows. So.....

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Someone put together this video of all of his plays last night.  Pretty convenient.

a lot of short stuff mixed with bad decisions and inaccuracies. His two deep throws were both bad. The one that was a DPI was underthrown but not complete trash and then the one that was an interception was god awful.

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

That release is nice but when you're just gunning it at people that arent ready or finished with their route, it just looks like you're way off target.

I wouldn't dwell on the chemistry between a rookie QB and the third string in a preseason game

Edited by MechaZain

28 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Someone put together this video of all of his plays last night.  Pretty convenient.

Honestly, I think that fumble ruined his night, he was having a decent outing until then. That when back up back ups came in.

I’m surprised by the negativity on Corral I really liked what I saw from him especially that first drive. You’re basically watching him get his reps at an NFL level in real time on tv since he’s not getting much in practice at all. His quick release and mobility are awesome traits to have and he needs to lean into that and build up on the mental side to get more comfortable. He’s going to have bad throws and that’s okay, that’s what preseason is for! Treat him like a redshirt freshman and let him develop into a professional should he work hard at it. 

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Those other guys haven't played yet this week so it's all camp hearsay til they step on the field Tmrw-Mon. I think they've all been put in better situations to succeed based on camp reps and better coaching for the most part. Ridder maybe not better actual coach but def more reps to be prepared

I was basing it off last week more less. But your right still more to see. 

• Beer 1