• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

On the subject of Matt's performance though, I wonder how much him being rattled had to do with that hospital ball he through that took Kirkwood out. He seem to becomes much less decesive after that throw, like he couldn't put it behind him. Just some thoughts after review.

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

On the subject of Matt's performance though, I wonder how much him being rattled had to do with that hospital ball he through that took Kirkwood out. He seem to becomes much less decesive after that throw, like he couldn't put it behind him. Just some thoughts after review.

If he's that fragile mentally he's not gonna make it anyway. I'm curious to see how he bounces back from what can only be considered as a pretty disastrous debut. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's that fragile mentally he's not gonna make it anyway. I'm curious to see how he bounces back from what can only be considered as a pretty disastrous debut. 

Agree, a little concerning to me. I hope to see him bounce back, but that was as rough of a debut as I've ever seen.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wait til the group finds out that the Dolphins 7th round rookie, Skyler Thompson, played the entire game last night against the Bucs.

Meanwhile, Corral is out there playing with the cast of The Replacements in mop up duty.

The skyler thompson?  The kid that came from the no huddle offense from deep in Kansas? 

If I am tepper I am asking rhule some tough questions right about now  "Tell me again why we traded our 3rd for this guy and your are not playing him?"

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

The skyler thompson?  The kid that came from the no huddle offense from deep in Kansas? 

If I am tepper I am asking rhule some tough questions right about now  "Tell me again why we traded our 3rd for this guy and your are not playing him?"

Think Tepper is probably too worried about his soccer team that got their poo kicked in last night.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Only logical positive way I can look at is that they need competent Walker at this point in camp because it helps with evaluating the other guys on the team to have someone who knows how to operate. 

When the qb room is cut down and team is cut down they can focus on Corral. Maybe and hopefully 

Makes entirely too much sense.

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The thing I don't understand is when Sam Howell couldn't get off a pass because of poor OL play at UNC, well, I mean, you can't blame him. 

But when Matt Corral couldn't get off a pass because of poor OL play yesterday, including three occasions where he had less than a second in the pocket, well, I mean, that's entirely his fault

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

The thing I don't understand is when Sam Howell couldn't get off a pass because of poor OL play at UNC, well, I mean, you can't blame him. 

But when Matt Corral couldn't get off a pass because of poor OL play yesterday, including three occasions where he had less than a second in the pocket, well, I mean, that's entirely his fault

Where did I say that?

Corral looked shook, and gun shy. Even on the easy pass to the back in the flat he air mailed it.

it’s one game. Sure the other qbs look better, but there is still so much still to uncover. I will say that I did enjoy corral referring to baker as his mentor. That’s pretty much seals the deal for me on this whole baker deal. He is coming in and showing leadership.

corral has the tools to be good, just needs to get his mind right. That takes time.

Y'all are missing a pretty obvious possibility. Rhule and co are hoping they can trade Darnold. Which would make PJ #2 and he'd need the reps. Unless Darnold lights it up a lot more than he's ever shown, there's no reason to have him ever take a panthers snap. PJ though is a passable cheap backup, and Corral has probably more than a year to learn and develop. He won't win us any games this year so it's not urgent to get him a ton of reps. 

At this point I trust PJ more than Darnold. 

But having watched Baker through his career, there's also no reason to think he's not the long term answer. He has all the tools to be an above average starter long term until we find a true superstar. He even could develop into one. Baker can win games. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Sama8525 said:

Y'all are missing a pretty obvious possibility. Rhule and co are hoping they can trade Darnold. Which would make PJ #2 and he'd need the reps. Unless Darnold lights it up a lot more than he's ever shown, there's no reason to have him ever take a panthers snap. PJ though is a passable cheap backup, and Corral has probably more than a year to learn and develop. He won't win us any games this year so it's not urgent to get him a ton of reps. 

At this point I trust PJ more than Darnold. 

But having watched Baker through his career, there's also no reason to think he's not the long term answer. He has all the tools to be an above average starter long term until we find a true superstar. He even could develop into one. Baker can win games. 

I think this is a possibility as well. Tepper has been frugal since he bought the team. It wouldn’t surprise me if he has a serious issue paying a backup QB $20M.