• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To everyone already calling Corral some booty

TheoJay10

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

100 percent, everyone keeps stating that a new coach will bring in his own QB… well Rhule isn’t exactly coaching like it’s a make or break season for him.

As big a Rhule critic as I am, he probably is smarter to not coach like he's desperate, even though I agree he absolutely ought to be on the hot seat.

• Pie 1

Just now, mc52beast said:

Why am I not shocked that after one preseason game where Matt is playing with 3rd stringers that the football experts at the Huddle are calling him a bust… y’all are hilarious.

Hes not a bust yet but he's also pretty far from a rookie savior like some believed, he's a rookie 3rd rounder with limited reps transitioning from a college rpo scheme..

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, The Huddler said:

i have zero worry

dude has had next to zero reps and was playing with a bunch of dudes who will all be on couches in a month

let him sit and learn this year while we try to win with baker

He had more action today than probably all of training camp, where he's essentially been an afterthought. How else is he supposed to play?

• Pie 5

6 hours ago, Krovvy said:

The problem is he showed nothing. It's why everyone is upset.

If he came away with the same stats, but looked like he could navigate the pocket, had decent footwork, and could drive the ball then people wouldn't be worried. However, he didn't, he looked shaky on every snap.

people are upset because they claim him the future of the franchise like a bunch of madden players who don’t know poo, wanting him to start lol

once again we will be lucky if he is a good backup and yes it will take time why so hard to understand if you haven’t spent even a little time following football?

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

people are upset because they claim him the future of the franchise like a bunch of madden players who don’t know poo, wanting him to start lol

once again we will be lucky if he is a good backup and yes it will take time why so hard to understand if you haven’t spent even a little time following football?

I've spent a little time following football, and I can tell you that in that time, I've yet to see a third round rookie who only got a minimum number of practice snaps come in and look like an All Pro.

I don't know what Corral is yet, but I do know that judging him off of today, especially given the way that Matt Rhule has handled his development to date, is extremely premature.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Darnold and especially PJs reps should be going more to Corral. If the plan was to bring in a veteran QB and draft a rookie I have no clue why PJ was even brought back. 

I get bringing him back at the time... But it does feel like he's not gonna make it to the regular season roster. I'm hoping speculation yesterday was to help him land some place else is true.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I get bringing him back at the time... But it does feel like he's not gonna make it to the regular season roster. I'm hoping speculation yesterday was to help him land some place else is true.

I get wanting to advertise him for a trade but he won’t fetch more than a late round pick and maybe $1 or $2 million of his contract. The question is, is that worth taking away reps from your new starter (who fumbled on an exchange and had a misread with one of his WRs) and hindering your rookies development. Just cut PJ (or put him on the practice squad if we can) and let Sam be the backup. If someone wants to trade for him it won’t be hard to bump or PJ or sign a vet of his caliber. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I get wanting to advertise him for a trade but he won’t fetch more than a late round pick and maybe $1 or $2 million of his contract. The question is, is that worth taking away reps from your new starter (who fumbled on an exchange and had a misread with one of his WRs) and hindering your rookies development. Just cut PJ (or put him on the practice squad if we can) and let Sam be the backup. If someone wants to trade for him it won’t be hard to bump or PJ or sign a vet of his caliber. 

Yeah that "theory" is really retarded.  But we are dealing with Matt Rhule so who knows.   Its just crystal clear rhule has no idea how to run a modern day NFL team.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah that "theory" is really retarded.  But we are dealing with Matt Rhule so who knows.   Its just crystal clear rhule has no idea how to run a modern day NFL team.

It’s definitely some “players’ coach, building competitive culture” BS that may work in college but not the NFL. 

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

From what I hear it was, but it really shouldn't be.

Matt Rhule is 100% responsible for helping Matt Corral get up to speed as a pro.

He has zero responsibility to help PJ Walker find another job.

If he's devoting practice time to a goal that's not part of his job while another goal that is his job suffers, he should be fired today.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

From what I hear it was, but it really shouldn't be.

Matt Rhule is 100% responsible for helping Matt Corral get up to speed as a pro.

He has zero responsibility to help PJ Walker find another job.

If he's devoting practice time to a goal that's not part of his job while another goal that is his job suffers, he should be fired today.

yep,  and the poster who said this helps the vibe in the locker room knowing rhule has your back is clinically insane