• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me your ideal Panthers starting OL

Zod

44 minutes ago, Martin said:

I prefer Bozeman, but I wonder what Elflein looks like next to two competent guards. No C in the league would look good next to Jordan at LG.

I’m thinking we might draft a C high next year.

it's preseason, but every big board already out has multiple C in the 2nd next year.  We don't have a 3rd next year.  I'm all for DL in the first, and C in the second.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

For now, BC, Icky, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton. 

The only reason I have Icky at G over BC is I think the drop-off would be more severe having BC at guard. He's never played well at guard and our other option for now is Jordan. 

If we could upgrade from Jordan, or have Mays on that side performing decently, I'd like to see BC as the swing tackle. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

For now, BC, Icky, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton. 

The only reason I have Icky at G over BC is I think the drop-off would be more severe having BC at guard. He's never played well at guard and our other option for now is Jordan. 

If we could upgrade from Jordan, or have Mays on that side performing decently, I'd like to see BC as the swing tackle. 

You sir are the winner.

Ickey and Corbett at G would create a running/screen game that would open up everything for CMC.  Ickey would be an immediate candidate for an All-pro spot in his rookie season. At LT, he gets eaten up by pass rushers, stunts, and blitzes off the edge. He'll be lucky to break the top 20 LTs in the NFL. BC has shown he can handle the edge rush as good if not better than Ickey.

Ickey will eventually be moved to G in his career. If not with the Panthers, with another team that has a championship minded coaching staff.

I will say this, when we have a new coaching staff next year, I would love for us to draft a center prospect to take over the reigns moving froward 

That would make our future at offensive line set for years with 

Ickey-Brady-Young Center-RG (mays, FA signing)-Moton

2 hours ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Unrelated to the starters per say but I feel like Erving should go back to his natural position at Center for reps. If you're gonna keep him as a utility guy. 

I have been pounding the table for this forever. The guy was a pretty good center!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I will say this, when we have a new coaching staff next year, I would love for us to draft a center prospect to take over the reigns moving froward 

That would make our future at offensive line set for years with 

Ickey-Brady-Young Center-RG (mays, FA signing)-Moton

Mays has looked good so far. I’m expecting him to be in the mix for starting LG spot next year.