• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Center now an area of concern?

kungfoodude

Elf is serviceable at C but if he goes down and they’re plugging tacklenburg and a rookie in Mays into the lineup that’s no bueno. Hopefully Boz comes back healthy and it’s not an issue but high ankle sprains are unpredictable.

The center we signed to shore up the position is already banged up before the 2nd preseason game and Elflein aka one of the worst olinemen in the league who has been injured off and on himself is still our backup? Yeah definitely concerning if you value the health of the starting quarterback and remember the "highlights" from last season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Id rather see Mays play center than go for a freee agent, but if we go for a free agent... JC Tretter would be the ideal player.

It's easy to say play him without having actually seen him play. I do hope we find a way to get him some reps there in the preseason to evaluate how thin we are at C.

I think I would lean FA at the moment.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's easy to say play him without having actually seen him play. I do hope we find a way to get him some reps there in the preseason to evaluate how thin we are at C.

I think I would lean FA at the moment.

He apparently took reps at C today with the 2s. I expect him to take reps on Friday as well.