• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Story on the Joe Brady situation from Charles Robinson..

WOW!!

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And again the following year for QB coach before he hired Sean Ryan.

Rhule's own words in his interview with Joe Person were that he had talked to Ben McAdoo before but that he "never seemed to be the right fit".

rhule was talking about his suit

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NrjNlTd.png[/img]

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1

19 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Exactly.... Which is a valid reason he should have been fired.. But also a reason to believe he's growing by changing his situation and staff..

19 hours ago, WOW!! said:

At this point you would have a problem with the toothpaste he uses.. 

It's clear Brady couldn't handle the job and Rhule micromanaged because he knew it..

Mcadoo is a different story and has more NFL experience then Rhule.. So just like Snow Matt won't be Micromanaging Mcadoo, Campen, Snow, Tabor or Wilkes and Pasqualone..

I could possibly give Rhule some slack, and have tried to do that in my mind. However, looking at how he has managed the Offensive Line and quarterbacks in preseason leads me to believe he has not learned as much as he needs to. Frustrating to watch. 

13 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I could possibly give Rhule some slack, and have tried to do that in my mind. However, looking at how he has managed the Offensive Line and quarterbacks in preseason leads me to believe he has not learned as much as he needs to. Frustrating to watch. 

Here's the thing about Rhule...

Everything he knows about being a head coach and running a football program was learned over several seasons at the college level.

One season in the pros as an assistant to an assistant didn't teach him much, but it couldn't be expected to.

If he was going to learn to be a real NFL coach, he needed to have mentors who could teach him that from early on. He didn't, and that's most likely why he still thinks like a college coach.

Can the guys we have aboard now teach him? I don't know. My personal read is it feels like it's too late.

Bottom Line: Rhule and Brady were both given positions for which they just weren't qualified. After being fired, Brady is now following the path he should have been on all along. Rhule however is still in a job he isn't qualified for, trying to get qualified via on the job training.

Could it work? I suppose, but I'll be extremely shocked if it does.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, t96 said:

Rhule took a chance on a bright young offensive mind, which Brady still is despite his failed tenure here. Frankly, not a whole lot different than Jay Gruden hiring Sean McVay as OC in his first year as HC. McVay was able to take the bull by the horns and quickly prove he's an elite football coach. Brady struggled and we moved on. I don't see this as a negative for Rhule but actually a positive. Only took a year and a half to move on, Rivera and many other coaches would've taken 4 years... And McAdoo seems like a really good choice but we will see soon enough.

Gruden was an offensive coordinator in the NFL though.   That's the type HC that could actually bring in a Joe Brady type gamble.    

That makes the Gruden/McVay example vastly different IMO.   Rhule didn't know NFL offense.  NFL practices.  Rhule isn't an offensive guy in reality.  And hasn't been an OC on any level.   

19 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah the Jets were like no way. The fuging Jets. They have really made quite the impact on this new look Panthers team

What’s wrong with the Jets? Because they lost their NFC champ game and the Panthers won only to lose the SB? Is that what makes the Panthers so much more superior?

Because in almost every other stat since the inception, the Jets and Panthers are basically twins.

Hate to break that to stans or anyone who hasn’t watched the NFL for more than a decade.

23 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I don't understand the frustration with 2 weeks and a half in TC/and 1 game in preseason... Ppl mad he gave ppl jobs with no competition last year.. Then mad at having a competition not giving away jobs this year..  Rep Distribution anger when not giving poo years before.. More experience coaches on staff but nobody thinks they are making decisions.. Smh..

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Brady should have spent a few more years at LSU before becoming a NFL offensive coach.  He had one year with a great collection of talent.  He needed to show what he could do with an offense that wasn't clearly superior to every team they played.  

a Joe Brady type would have needed to go to a team like KC (under Reid) or Tampa (under Arians).  Stud QB where the HC frankly can do the heavy lifting of the OC job while the coordinator develops. 

Instead, we had Matt Rhule over Joe Brady and gave him Sam Darnold.   That's not how you develop an OC.  Matt Rhule didn't even know college offense.   It's like saying John Fox could develop an OC and put him in charge of it. 

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

a Joe Brady type would have needed to go to a team like KC (under Reid) or Tampa (under Arians).  Stud QB where the HC frankly can do the heavy lifting of the OC job while the coordinator develops. 

Instead, we had Matt Rhule over Joe Brady and gave him Sam Darnold.   That's not how you develop an OC.  Matt Rhule didn't even know college offense.   It's like saying John Fox could develop an OC and put him in charge of it. 

I agree.  I mean essentially that was what Brady had at New Orleans, although he wasn't offensive coordinator. 

Personally, I just never bought into the hype that he was some up-and-coming superstar.  I mean maybe he will be a star eventually, but he should have had to prove it somewhere besides a college team loaded with NFL talent before becoming an OC for an NFL team.  

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

so what ur saying is u just want to be mad still

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Brady should have spent a few more years at LSU before becoming a NFL offensive coach.  He had one year with a great collection of talent.  He needed to show what he could do with an offense that wasn't clearly superior to every team they played.  

My major issue remains that Brady wasn't even a play caller or offensive coordinator.. He was just a passing game coordinator.. A guy who design passing plays and study video.. He didn't know how to run a practice design a full offense (running and passing) or call plays in a game situation.. That's why we never had 2nd half adjustments or could adapt to changing defense scheme.. That's why Teddy was shocked we didn't practices situational football or red zone plays.. Rhule should have been fired for this alone..

• Pie 1

imagine being a better relationship and spending time harping on how the old relationship which everyone at the time thought was good idea didn't work just so you can remain angry.

and the realize you're just on the outside looking in on that situation anyway and u still choose to be angry.

47 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't understand the frustration with 2 weeks and a half in TC/and 1 game in preseason... Ppl mad he gave ppl jobs with no competition last year.. Then mad at having a competition not giving away jobs this year..  Rep Distribution anger when not giving poo years before.. More experience coaches on staff but nobody thinks they are making decisions.. Smh..

it's missing the mark and it's missing the actual complaint. 

Sam Darnold can't beat Baker in an actual competition.  He is simply a better QB.   The outcome of who is better is known before the competition were to occur.   Therefore, people don't want a competition.  And it's why outside of Carolina, it has also been deemed bogus. 

People wanted Rhule to bring in someone else to compete with Sam in 2021.  Because the outcome of a competition between Sam Darnold and a Gardner Menshew type isn't actually known.   Who is better.  

Baker is a legit starting QB. 

Sam isn't a legit starting QB.  Sam is the worst QB in the NFL over the last 4 years. 

We complained that Sam was just given the job given he is what he is.  They aren't the same things. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

20 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I thought it was the Giant's? Either way I agree. 

Rhule was way in over his head as a first year nfl head coach, on top of that he was given full control. What could possibly go wrong?

Ya know,  when Rhule was hired, and he hired his staff,,, I have to say, MOST OF YOU were "concerned"  that he was not hiring NFL people who knew the game and the game was different than the college game. 

Too bad Rhule hasn't taken more time to get solid advice ( even from the Huddle lol ) .