• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Expected to Start Tonight

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Because he said it would be "announced" after the game? He said nothing about the game itself being a deciding factor. 

It’s already been announced and it’s no surprise.

Hint- it’s not the one that threw 3 INTs in the last practice and never had a winning season…

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Letting your QB2 start in the second pre-season game is not a big deal. I do think the charade between Baker and Darnold is over, Baker has that locked up. PJ has more reps and knowledge than Corral does right now so he's going to get the start to help with evaluating the whole offense. Darnold is being hung out as trade bait for now until nobody takes it and then he'll be cut I assume. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Letting your QB2 start in the second pre-season game is not a big deal. I do think the charade between Baker and Darnold is over, Baker has that locked up. PJ has more reps and knowledge than Corral does right now so he's going to get the start to help with evaluating the whole offense. Darnold is being hung out as trade bait for now until nobody takes it and then he'll be cut I assume. 

this trade theory is just retarded.   Whats the best case scenario for trading darnold, us eating 95% of his salary for a conditional 7th? 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

It’s already been announced and it’s no surprise.

Hint- it’s not the one that threw 3 INTs in the last practice and never had a winning season…

It's no big secret that's for sure.  It may have been sketchy at first due to the head start on the playbook Sam had but it became clear quickly that Sam was not a real threat to start. 

This whole experiment was to sort out the qb depth chart going into the season.  The only real competition is between Sam and PJ for the backup spot this season and this season only until Corral earns it.

• Pie 1

Jmo.. Sam's about to be cut.. If PJ or Matt even seem competent.. They are getting him out of the locker Room taking the hit and handing Baker the keys.. For this season.. The only locks on the roster is Baker and Corral now.. If PJ proves anything tonight.. They will feel comfortable getting rid of Darnold..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Jmo.. Sam's about to be cut.. If PJ or Matt even seem competent.. They are getting him out of the locker Room taking the hit and handing Baker the keys.. For this season.. The only locks on the roster is Baker and Corral now.. If PJ proves anything tonight.. They will feel comfortable getting rid of Darnold..

I’m sure we can eat 99% of his contract and get like a future 7th for him. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sorry, dude. Walker is just not that good, especially in the red zone.

He can look half decent (sometimes) when there's plenty of space to work with, but once the field shortens it's pretty bad.

He's not an NFL quarterback.

I agree to disagree, Scot.  I think he's more of an NFL QB than Sam.  I'm not saying PJ is a starter.  I'm not saying he's some incredible talent.  But I trust him more than I do Sam, and thus, with what we have, I would rather keep him than Sam.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

This doesn't make sense unless the qb1 competition is truly over. They kept saying the starter would be announced after this game. How are you using this game to decide if neither Sam nor Baker are playing? And if you have already made up your mind, why not make an official announcement?

Rhule said a week ago the starters wouldn't play.  Rhule said joint practice were largely for the starters.  But Bill is playing his.  I think it goes back to Rhule copying people last preseason.  Reality was those 2 teams last year were simply only going to expose their studs QBs (Lamar and Allen) to 1 preseason game and he mimicked what they did.