• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

I wish him a good recovery.  Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Corral.  I know it's an unpopular opinion.  I know some Huddlers are going to point to how young he is and adjusting to the speed of the game.  To that I say, even when talented qbs are new to the NFL, they typically show something in preseason games that's impressive.  There is usually an identifiable trait you can see in the game, the x factor they bring.  I don't see that with Corral.  I hope I'm wrong, but my money is on a wasted pick.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Only three starting QB's had a worse passer rating than Darnold last season. If you think he's head and shoulders above PJ you're living a fantasy.

He could be the worst starting QB in the last decade and still be head and shoulders above PJ.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

He could be the worst starting QB in the last decade and still be head and shoulders above PJ.

They both throw some of the worst interceptions you'll ever see the only thing Sam has on PJ is his arm talent. Of the last 4-5 years he is there was a Twitter thread about this it's buried in one of the many locked Darnold threads.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think it’s worth asking… if corral was so “highly rated” then why did he fall in the draft? 

That is in reference to what our FO said. They said that they gave the kid a first round grade

You don't throw guys that you regard with that kind of potential to the wolves. No other team this year has done that with their 2022-top-five-QB. 

7 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I wish him a good recovery.  Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Corral.  I know it's an unpopular opinion.  I know some Huddlers are going to point to how young he is and adjusting to the speed of the game.  To that I say, even when talented qbs are new to the NFL, they typically show something in preseason games that's impressive.  There is usually an identifiable trait you can see in the game, the x factor they bring.  I don't see that with Corral.  I hope I'm wrong, but my money is on a wasted pick.

I re-watched the two dangerous throws he made last night. In both occasions, absolutely no one -- wide receiver or RB -- got an ounce of separation. Everyone was covered.

When he got hurt, New England rushed four. The C, RT and LT all missed their blocks or got blown up at the snap. 

He had no time to throw most every snap of preseason and when he did, the UDFA receivers got no separation. So he was saddled with 1) dump it off every possession and get called Clausen, or 2) take a few chances and get the "didn't show anything in preseason games" label.

1 hour ago, exactlyzack said:

Well if Mayfield doesn’t work out we are picking a qb next draft.

That should’ve always been the plan. Corral was never and never will be first string talent despite our desperate fans, we are hoping for a long term back up aka an upgraded Grier.

Unfortunately, we won’t have a high enough pick, yet again, for the dumbass brain trust trying to cheat their way and outsmart everyone else to success by signing Mayfield only to win 7-8 games. Darnold and Rhule would’ve secure a top 5 pick without the drama.

And as we all know, a worthwhile vet that’s not a sex offender won’t come here.

So it’s 2024 after a growing year with the new coach. Or trade up next year for a king’s ransom, and to be honest, I am 100% behind it.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1