• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

4 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Better yes...I'm clearly not arguing otherwise.

No they wanted him to play  with 1st stringers.. Even thoe

He's a 3rd string QB that for weeks ppl knew they didn't want to play him this year in a perfect world..

He's a project who most knew needed a year or more to sit and develop..

And if 1 of our front line players would have been hurt.. Just to confirm Corral isn't Russell Wilson.. They would have blamed Rhule about that..

All because some of them have convinced themselves that Corral was the next miracle 3rd round star QB.. Instead of living in Reality.. smh

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think our debate was over whether Darnold is better than PJ. Statistically Darnold is far better than PJ. If you take PJ attempts and match them with Sam… PJ would have 11 more INTs and - less TD. Also, PH would have been sacked 21 more times. Not sure how PJ rushing TD would have been… but from statistic trends would have been basically nothing. 

IMO it's a push at best. Bare in mind Sam Darnold was so atrocious as a decision maker that by the ATL game we just had him running with the ball because we were so scared of him throwing picks and then defenders got wise to that and finally made him pay.

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I wish him a good recovery.  Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Corral.  I know it's an unpopular opinion.  I know some Huddlers are going to point to how young he is and adjusting to the speed of the game.  To that I say, even when talented qbs are new to the NFL, they typically show something in preseason games that's impressive.  There is usually an identifiable trait you can see in the game, the x factor they bring.  I don't see that with Corral.  I hope I'm wrong, but my money is on a wasted pick.

Completely agree. He hasn’t passed the eye test thus far. You can usually see the future stars showcase something that signals that they might be “the guy”. Sure, Rhule and co haven’t given him a ton of chances, but the kid has played his whole life. His natural abilities that lead him to getting drafted should be able to be showcased without months of coddling. 

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He's a 3rd string QB that for weeks ppl knew they didn't want to play him this year in a perfect world..

And if 1 of our front line players would have been hurt.. Just to confirm Corral isn't Russell Wilson.. They would have blamed Rhule about that..

All because some of them have convinced themselves that Corral was the next miracle 3rd round star QB.. Instead of living in Reality.. smh

He's not a 3rd string QB. He's your 3rd rd QB put 4th on the depth chart behind Sam turnover machine Darnold and PJ camp fodder Walker. Sam is gone after this year. PJ should have been gone before training camp. Corral needed to be taking the number 2 reps instead of Darnold and damn sure ahead of PJ. 

We all knew when we traded for Baker, SD was out as starter. That makes him a backup and a pretty bad one at that. This whole QB competition charade is freaking pointless.

PJ is here because of Rhule, plain and simple. He was signed the day after our season ended why? We're we so afraid we couldn't replace PJ that we had to sign him before another team could snatch him up? Everyone knew we were going to try and draft a QB. It was about a well kept secret as Hurney picking Will Grier a month before it happened. 

Either you wanted Corral to develop or not. He's the only QB on our roster under contract after this season. You gotta do something with him or you're going into season 4 of Rhay-Z with ZERO qbs with a single snap of NFL experience beyond "mental reps."

It's so stupid it's laughable and if it was any other team other than the Panthers, we'd all be making fun of them for having this clown show. 

• Pie 6

23 minutes ago, Floppin said:

IR players don't count against the 53

Depends on whether they are designated to return.  And that was what I was referring to.

Matt Corral suffers "significant" injury (panthers.com)

But to return this year, they have to be on the 53-man roster at final cuts, so depending on the time frame for his recovery, it could require some difficult decisions.

Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are still options to start (Rhule wasn't answering questions about the status of that job Saturday), and the Panthers also have PJ Walker on the roster.

But I looked up lisfranc, and it might be season ending.  I was thinking of the attempt to bring Cam back from it, when they didn't put him on season ending IR for a while.  But if its non operative, he could in theory come back in 8-10 weeks.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

What Oline was a 3rd string players supposed to be behind??

Your  possible future qb should of got  more 2nd string players. Pj has 4 years in the league... The qb position  is the one we have messed up over n over under Rhules watch.  Give the guy a fair shot. We all know he wasn't ready this year but no need in him getting thrown to the wolves. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Malik Willis is a project that needs to sit and develop……….oh wait

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's not a 3rd string QB. He's your 3rd rd QB put 4th on the depth chart behind Sam turnover machine Darnold and PJ camp fodder Walker. Sam is gone after this year. PJ should have been gone before training camp. Corral needed to be taking the number 2 reps instead of Darnold and damn sure ahead of PJ. 

We all knew when we traded for Baker, SD was out as starter. That makes him a backup and a pretty bad one at that. This whole QB competition charade is freaking pointless.

PJ is here because of Rhule, plain and simple. He was signed the day after our season ended why? We're we so afraid we couldn't replace PJ that we had to sign him before another team could snatch him up? Everyone knew we were going to try and draft a QB. It was about a well kept secret as Hurney picking Will Grier a month before it happened. 

Either you wanted Corral to develop or not. He's the only QB on our roster under contract after this season. You gotta do something with him or you're going into season 4 of Rhay-Z with ZERO qbs with a single snap of NFL experience beyond "mental reps."

It's so stupid it's laughable and if it was any other team other than the Panthers, we'd all be making fun of them for having this clown show. 

Damn this is the truth

wow is once again looking like a dumb rhule guzzler

• Pie 2