• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

9 minutes ago, Floppin said:

He's our third string QB currently. He's going to play behind 3rd string oline the majority of the time. This argument doesn't make sense.

Not if Baker and Sam aren’t playing. I am specifically referring to last night’s game. He should have started ahead of PJ to get the reps

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Corral's injury certainly makes that more likely, if not inevitable. A lot depends on Mayfield (both performance and new 2023 contract vs. our cap space).  If he doesn't work out or we can't afford him, we have little choice but to draft somebody and maybe start them.

The upside is that if we are in that situation because Mayfield does not work out, it is a chance for an almost complete purge of a QB room that could best be described as patchwork (and that would be a compliment given the Mayfield assumption attached to that).  You'd have to think that would be with a new coaching staff in place, but who knows?

I doubt they would purge Corral even if we draft a QB in 2023.  But otherwise, I agree that the QB room will definitely look a lot different.

It's just sad that we spent a good draft pick to get a player that the HC didn't give him an opportunity. Rhule keeps talking about building a program but drafts a QB and basically ignored giving him a chance to work. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Yes, every team is a few plays away from playing their awful depth. Also, I don't think both Daley or Erving make the team if, in fact, either one do. I do think that Elf is a lock though.

Is there a single team in the NFL that has great OL depth? 

Every team is looking for lineman. The league doesn't have many great offensive lineman right now, it's in a big slump. Partially why the trend has been to draft mobile QB's who can improvise and launch downfield the last 5 years

The only alternatives at this stage are more flawed olinemen like Elflein Daley and Erving

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

Not if Baker and Sam aren’t playing. I am specifically referring to last night’s game. He should have started ahead of PJ to get the reps

Again aren't other rookie QBS playing behind 3rd and 4th string Olines??

Zappe was last night..

Sometimes poo happens why is this hard to understand..

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Called it in the rhule loves pj thread 15 hours ago, it didn't matter if his injury was serious or not, he was goin on ir to keep pj on the roster.

And if they cut PJ and only keep 2 QB.. Do you post a thread saying wrong you are..

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

They both played with the same line at various points. PJ and Corral had the same line for the majority of the first half and same with the second half until the very end.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The only alternatives at this stage are more flawed olinemen like Elflein Daley and Erving

Huh? The math doesn't even add up to us having to keep all three with our current roster. What the fug are you even talking about?

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Corral's injury certainly makes that more likely, if not inevitable. A lot depends on Mayfield (both performance and new 2023 contract vs. our cap space).  If he doesn't work out or we can't afford him, we have little choice but to draft somebody and maybe start them.

The upside is that if we are in that situation because Mayfield does not work out, it is a chance for an almost complete purge of a QB room that could best be described as patchwork (and that would be a compliment given the Mayfield assumption attached to that).  You'd have to think that would be with a new coaching staff in place, but who knows?

I think they will be forced to draft one as I doubt Baker is going to play well enough to warrant a long term contract.  Sam will be gone after this season and there's no way PJ deserves a spot on the team anywhere, even to PS.

So you are left with a middling Baker and Carroll coming off IR who is still an unknown 3rd round pick. I would not gamble my career on that qb room. I would take another shot at one and let him compete with Matt and may the best qb win.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I think they will be forced to draft one as I doubt Baker is going to play well enough to warrant a long term contract.  Sam will be gone after this season and there's no way PJ deserves a spot on the team anywhere, even to PS.

So you are left with a middling Baker and Carroll coming off IR who is still an unknown 3rd round pick. I would not gamble my career on that qb room. I would take another shot at one and let him compete with Matt and may the best qb win.

And Reality for Sgt.. This injury doesn't change a thing.. All of Rhule's Hope's depends on Baker or Sam anyway.. Ppl talk themselves into Corral Being Russell Wilson and can't come of that drug...