• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker be starting

uncfan888

Well, Baker has a wide open road ahead of him, nothing but a chance to prove himself in a shaky division, a coach that desperately needs to win NOW, one of the best running backs of the modern era, a sure handed receiver, no upstart back-up with a dagger ready for your back and an offensive line that shows some promise. This is definitely one of those "the world is your oyster" moments.

Good luck man. I hope you're doing so well that we're negotiating a long-term contract by December and that we're playing even beyond that.

If not, there's going to be a whole lot of change around here.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

The bigger picture to me is can they stay in the ACC or will they need to move the SEC as the mega conferences (SEC/BIG10) form.

Well, to me is just comes down to the structure of the college playoffs.  It has been designed perfect for the ACC to date.   A gift for Clemson. 

Who knows where it goes in the future. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Except you're wrong. The only ones calling us a clown show are around here. Many of those shows were talking about our improved roster and how Baker could take this teams to the playoffs. That's good marketing. It's genius. 

1+1 magic GIF by TRULY SOCIAL

I'm out on the west coast and that isn't even remotely close to what they're saying. They're hoping Rhule continues as head coach because it's pretty much a gimme win. Carolina and Rhule are a laughing stock out here. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Except you're wrong. The only ones calling us a clown show are around here. Many of those shows were talking about our improved roster and how Baker could take this teams to the playoffs. That's good marketing. It's genius.

It definitely isn't just here. Most people out there know about Baker's potential. There are some in the media who also see a team that just sent a rookie QB to IR behind very poor oline depth so Mayfield will only take us as far as that depth allows. Pass rushers won't be letting up on a free path to the QB in the regular season. Mayfield almost got lit up against Washington. Hoping he can work some magic because I am not sold on the interior OL until I see results.

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

It definitely isn't just here. Most people out there know about Baker's potential. There are some in the media who also see a team that just sent a rookie QB to IR behind very poor oline depth so Mayfield will only take us as far as that depth allows. Pass rushers won't be letting up on a free path to the QB in the regular season. Mayfield almost got lit up against Washington. Hoping he can work some magic because I am not sold on the interior OL until I see results.

I mean, Rhule leads the Vegas odds to be fired based on national perception of what we got cooking up in Carolina.  It isn't a huddle creation. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Rhule leads the Vegas odds to be fired based on national perception of what we got cooking up in Carolina.  It isn't a huddle creation. 

The term echo chamber has been used here from time to time in reference to his critics but it's plain to see the real echo chamber are the holdouts who insist anyone that isn't fawning over him is a hater who they can't wait to prove wrong. I don't care if our head coach is Scooby-Doo as long as we are winning.