• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Early 2023 NFL Draft Projection

kungfoodude

car.png&h=110&w=110

7. Carolina Panthers

Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State*

Baker Mayfield will get a trial year as the starter under center, and maybe he can keep the team out of the QB market next April. Kentucky's Will Levis could be the long-term answer in this spot, especially since Matt Corral is the only passer under contract beyond 2022 at the moment. But for now, I'm looking elsewhere: Smith-Njigba is a true WR1 candidate and is as efficient as they come out of the slot, posting more than 1,600 receiving yards last season. A smooth and consistent pass-catcher, he presents mismatch opportunities inside, and pairing him with DJ Moore would give the Panthers a creative 1-2 punch.

Biggest needs: QB, LB, DL

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’ve been perusing mocks too and a lot of the don’t have any other first round QBs going after CJ and Bryce.

Still early in the year but so far not a lot of love for next class after Young and Stroud. 

I like what I've seen of Jurkovec from Boston College.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Huh?

Writers waiting on the season before they mock the Van Dykes and Phil Jurkovecs  of the world.

Im not saying it’s a bad class but people just not mocking them right now in the first.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com

and I mostly mean big media writers, lots of small market guys still sending 5 QBs in the top 15

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’ve been perusing mocks too and a lot of the don’t have any other first round QBs going after CJ and Bryce.

Still early in the year but so far not a lot of love for next class after Young and Stroud. 

I've seen some talk online that Anthony Richardson could go in the first.

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Really not interested in Bryce at 194 pounds. That's probably with pads on

He also was a deer in head lights when LSUs game plan was blitz the ever living hell out of him.

He finished with a good stat line but struggled getting the ball out compared to how the rest of the year was.

• Beer 1