• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... about kicker and a third QB.

Proudiddy

Yikes.

I hate to speculate, but it's the internet, so I will...  Zane's injury did not look like a strain.  His reaction was severe and immediate, so I hope it's not a tear, but at the least it looks like a very severe strain and he'll be out a good while.

I suspect Darnold had a fracture, but if it's a high sprain, he'll also be out 4-6 weeks minimum.  Regardless, hate to see a guy get injured, but Sam was not helpful even if healthy and should've been cut regardless.  I don't like that he was injured, buy I like that it forces the staff to look elsewhere because Sam was wasted reps and a roster spot, period.  I'd like to see us bring in a young developmental prospect if one becomes available, or just a trusty old vet in the mold of a Case Keenum-type of guy.

Gonna be an interesting couple of weeks...  and honestly, kicker is a much scarier situation than QB right now.  I like the suggestion some made of the young guy from here that the Steelers just cut.  I also am curious where the ECU guy from the Ravens preseason last year is?  The Canadian guy with the funny name last season seemed solid as well.

All I know is, things just got real.  Real fast.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yikes.

I hate to speculate, but it's the internet, so I will...  Zane's injury did not look like a strain.  His reaction was severe and immediate, so I hope it's not a tear, but at the least it looks like a very severe strain and he'll be out a good while.

I suspect Darnold had a fracture, but if it's a high sprain, he'll also be out 4-6 weeks minimum.  Regardless, hate to see a guy get injured, but Sam was not helpful even if healthy and should've been cut regardless.  I don't like that he was injured, buy I like that it forces the staff to look elsewhere because Sam was wasted reps and a roster spot, period.  I'd like to see us bring in a young developmental prospect if one becomes available, or just a trusty old vet in the mold of a Case Keenum-type of guy.

Gonna be an interesting couple of weeks...  and honestly, kicker is a much scarier situation than QB right now.  I like the suggestion some made of the young guy from here that the Steelers just cut.  I also am curious where the ECU guy from the Ravens preseason last year is?  The Canadian guy with the funny name last season seemed solid as well.

All I know is, things just got real.  Real fast.

Jake Verity was waived by the Colts and just signed with the Jaguars… today, I believe.  Bad timing.  Great kicker.

• Pie 2