• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral vs the rest of the rookie field

micnificent28

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Corral is just hoping he can recover and keep his spot on the team. He has his own problems to worry about. 

If the team keeps the promise they made to him, he's OK. If they were lying like "I can't wait to coach Cam Newton" lying, the kid is in a world of trouble because much like some idiots want to forever brand him a third rounder and that's all, which him and Malik were not projected to be, the NFL can be a place of very few opportunities for a typical "3rd rounder".

He had a too much of a logjam ahead of him to get OUR Russell Wilson moment and we have yet to see Corral play with NFL caliber teammates so we have absolutely no idea how he looks with real NFL talent NOT third string linemen on skates on top of his feet.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

If the team keeps the promise they made to him, he's OK. If they were lying like "I can't wait to coach Cam Newton" lying, the kid is in a world of trouble because much like some idiots want to forever brand him a third rounder and that's all, which him and Malik were not projected to be, the NFL can be a place of very few opportunities for a typical "3rd rounder".

He had a too much of a logjam ahead of him to get OUR Russell Wilson moment and we have yet to see Corral play with NFL caliber teammates so we have absolutely no idea how he looks with real NFL talent NOT third string linemen on skates on top of his feet.

Nothing against what you said. However everyone else rookies are playing with similar restrictions... Howell and Willie in particular. They were sacked 4-6 times each. But the things they did was look like they belonged. They validated their selection and showed glimpses or flashes of potential. Now I know PJ behind ahead of him hampered some of his pT.

Then add in he missed the last preseason game where he probably would have gotten a half at least.. But I just didn't see it. His first game he was what 1-9 or 1-6? He didn't look like he belonged. Processing was slow and didn't have the mobility to make up for it. Not to mention the game he got hurt in he did better but still no wow.... I just need to see or feel some hope.. He didn't do that for me.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Nothing against what you said. However everyone else rookies are playing with similar restrictions... Howell and Willie in particular. They were sacked 4-6 times each. But the things they did was look like they belonged. They validated their selection and showed glimpses or flashes of potential. Now I know PJ behind ahead of him hampered some of his pT.

Then add in he missed the last preseason game where he probably would have gotten a half at least.. But I just didn't see it. His first game he was what 1-9 or 1-6? He didn't look like he belonged. Processing was slow and didn't have the mobility to make up for it. Not to mention the game he got hurt in he did better but still no wow.... I just need to see or feel some hope.. He didn't do that for me.

He was probably told not to run. Third string line played like sh*t if you didn't watch them, go back and watch.

When he did get opportunities to throw the second game there were three drops that would have made his personal stat sheet night and day, one of those was a potential TD on a sweet throw. So does playing with THIRD stringers make Corral look good despite only getting mostly mental reps not full speed reps at practice because of Sam/PJ ahead of him for absolutely no reason?

This is all Corrals fault AND he looks like he sucks because he had third/fourth string WRs?! C'mon man. Y'all are on that Rhule-Aid no lie.

Edited by rippadonn

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He is here for at least two more years regardless of whether Rhule survives or not.  

Maybe.  If a new coaching staff comes in I would not guarantee he's got a spot on the team.  He might be safe due to not having anyone under contract but that is not a sure thing. 

Edited by Jon Snow

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Maybe.  If a new coaching staff comes in I would not guarantee he's got a spot on the team.  He might be safe due to not having anyone under contract but that is not a sure thing. 

If a new staff comes in, they are 100% going to draft a qb in the first and there is a strong chance that they will want to bring in an experienced vet to help him along.  So I doubt they will be carrying 3 qbs, 2 being projects

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1