• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

Yeah, we just need our Sean Payton equivalent. McAdoo is probably a serviceable OC but we don't have that McVay, Payton, Shanahan, Reid style offensive genius to catapult our QB to the heights that Brees was able to achieve. 

Brees was also ultra motivated after his injury and bring run out of SD. Hopefully Mayfield finds that kind of motivation to make him succeed after what happened in Cleveland.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we just need our Sean Payton equivalent. McAdoo is probably a serviceable OC but we don't have that McVay, Payton, Shanahan, Reid style offensive genius to catapult our QB to the heights that Brees was able to achieve. 

Brees was also ultra motivated after his injury and bring run out of SD. Hopefully Mayfield finds that kind of motivation to make him succeed after what happened in Cleveland.

Baker seems motivated to prove Cleveland wrong

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I was against signing Baker, but I’m glad we have him based on how rough Corral looked. I only didn’t want him because I knew Sam and/or PJ could easily lead us to the top pick in a good QB draft class.

We just need a good HC/GM. I enjoyed the Rivera/Gettleman era because we were relevant, but as we saw in the SB, it’s nice to have a coaching staff that elevates the team not just the most talent that wins you games until you get completely out coached.

I believe Fitterer is a legit GM. He, Dan Morgan and the rest of the FO is firming a good nucleus for the future. The jury is still out on Rhule. I’m hoping this past offseason of coaching changes and FA acquisitions are indications of an upward trend on the field.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 5