• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Not exactly, one CB (Gilmore, no longer on the team) a QB (Corral on IR) and this dude who the Jags wanted to ditch.  Don't get me wrong, Shanault was a beast coming out of college.  Everything in Jax goes to crap, but maybe this dude can be redeemed.  We are missing our 3rd and 6th plus whatever this trade sets us back.

Didn't Baker cost a pick as well or am I confused again?

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Didn't Baker cost a pick as well or am I confused again?

Oh yeah, Baker a 5th or a 4th depending on playing time/permormance. I thought you meant Darnold.  All his pick compensation hit us last draft.  So 3rd, 4th/5th, 6th and Shenault.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Oh yeah, Baker a 5th or a 4th depending on playing time/permormance. I thought you meant Darnold.  All his pick compensation hit us last draft.  So 3rd, 4th/5th, 6th and Shenault.

Shenault will come out of next year's draft. That's the draft I'm referring to. 

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Not exactly, one CB (Gilmore, no longer on the team) a QB (Corral on IR) and this dude who the Jags wanted to ditch.  Don't get me wrong, Shanault was a beast coming out of college.  Everything in Jax goes to crap, but maybe this dude can be redeemed.  We are missing our 3rd and 6th plus whatever this trade sets us back.

It maybe for a 2024 pick, no idea.

Plus just to add- One trade that always get forgotten about is Darryl Johnson was traded for 2022 6th. 

@Mr. ScotI keep thinking about that play that i called out in that other thread where Chuba dropped the ball after Baker threaded the needle... Shenault running that route is going to be money.  I love this move bc I think McAdoo is going to have some plays drawn up for a player like Shenault, and also this helps alleviate pressue on the TE shortcomings.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Shenault will come out of next year's draft. That's the draft I'm referring to. 

Eh, might as well get his pick out of the way too.  Baker will hit his thresholds and cost us a 4th, give the Jags the 5th and be done with it.  I'm sure we can get rid of our 7th too so the front office will have a really short draft next April with only a 1 and a 2.  Hell, move up a bit giving up the 2nd and call it a day after the first round! 

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Haven't read through the thread, but I really just don't get this move.

In general, I like him as a player, but the guys is a possession receiver, get the ball to him and let him go to work.

Isn't that basically what Shi is supposed to be for us?  That Curtis replacement that we've been looking for?

The guy has looked great in camp and pre-season, so why make this trade and now make Shi basically a pointless player for us at the moment?  

Unless we're trading/cutting Robby, which I'd LOVE, I don't understand this move given how good Shi has looked this year.

RAC guy not a possession guy, but I’m hoping this is a signal we’re moving on from Robby tired off his bad attitude. Great trade honestly, swing for the fences move with low compensation.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, might as well get his pick out of the way too.  Baker will hit his thresholds and cost us a 4th, give the Jags the 5th and be done with it.  I'm sure we can get rid of our 7th too so the front office will have a really short draft next April with only a 1 and a 2.  Hell, move up a bit giving up the 2nd and call it a day after the first round! 

I think Baker's pick is a 2024 4th.  I think the only picks from 2023 we're missing is the 3rd we gave for Corral and 6th for Gilmore.

Edited by poundaway