• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay "Arrival Experience"

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Coming from a guy that likes to brag about being a short order cook before he made it he sure does love some elitist bullshit. Between this, field level suites and turf he's earned the fans ire

....hes got too many money dicks in the fire and cant decide which one to suck.... I know thats harsh.. but...

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Beer 2

16 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I'm not paying $350 a person for that.

I'm gonna guess somebody in the marketing or gameday activities department thought this was a good idea. Probably should have been vetoed.

One of the weird things about sports marketing in general is that it's a super competitive field to get into, everybody wants to do it, but the competition is almost entirely about who you know and connections, not about any demonstrated smarts,creativity or ability in the field, so you often wind up with poo ideas like this peddled as genius, because everybody in the meeting is clueless and out of touch.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

For $350 a person?

Do they think the average fan can afford that?

I can assure you there is enough people with money in this town that can buy a "limited amount" of $350 ticket add-ons. I don't think you understand what "limited" is. 

If you want to go see the players walk from their car to the stadium for free...go stand on the sidewalk where they come by.  See...that's not so hard.  If you drive a $150k Range Rover and want to have unlimited drinks, food, a tent and a seat, then you can pay the $350pp.  

Y'all act like he is building some secret tunnel from the Players lot to the stadium and the only way to see them now is with some secret society $350 add-on.  FFS.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

I can assure you there is enough people with money in this town that can buy a "limited amount" of $350 ticket add-ons. I don't think you understand what "limited" is. 

If you want to go see the players walk from their car to the stadium for free...go stand on the sidewalk where they come by.  See...that's not so hard.  If you drive a $150k Range Rover and want to have unlimited drinks, food, a tent and a seat, then you can pay the $350pp.  

Y'all act like he is building some secret tunnel from the Players lot to the stadium and the only way to see them now is with some secret society $350 add-on.  FFS.

Trust me. As someone reading your posts, I understand quite well what "limited" means.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, gofightwin said:

I feel like the people that liked to watch the players are usually diehards and folks with kids. The people that get the most from it aren’t ritzy folks. 

I feel like the players respond the best to  kids anyway so this all seems kinda dumb. 

I get that everyone gets to vote with their $.  It’s not like The Roaring Riot is a 501c either. 

But the great thing about the Roaring Riot is their commitment to build up this fan base. $hit like this and the Keep Pounding fiasco and Rock Hill proves how out of touch Tepper Sports is with building a real fan base.

Maybe it’s because Tepper himself is just another imported fan of “x” team who moved to the Carolinas and wants to play around at being a fan.  

Tepper should be kissing the ground that Roaring Riot members and Carolina Huddlers and Carolina Huddlers Alts walk on  or hire the right people to get that done.

15 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Oh there is more to it than this, but I would never be mad at any media member for reporting their source from the team's spin on it. That's their job. 

Remember when they told us they were "experimenting with a new game day experience" when they removed Keep Pounding? Riiiight....that's exactly what they were doing 🙄

So is Sheena incorrect that this Coca Cola even has been around since 2018 in this same form but now they're allowing additional fan access if they want to purchase tickets? 

17 hours ago, frankw said:

Out of touch but not surprising. Even less surprising is the usual sycophants making excuses. PanthersBigD is Smithers IRL.

What a sick burn from the human equivalent of Kirk Van Houten!

The Panthers have always had something like this. If you want to stand at the fences with your kids and watch the players come in, you still can. If you'd rather watch from under a tent, with food and drinks, without having to jockey for a good spot with everyone else, that'll cost you three fiddy. One experience is for diehards with normal incomes and the other is for corporations or wealthy individuals to schmooze clients or impress their prospective mistresses. 

Props to Roaring Riot for seizing upon a great marketing opportunity. Seems to have worked. 

• Pie 2